FPN....AGAIN!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: FPN....AGAIN!

Post by AdamMac »

He's frustrated me at time this season, but he's put his hand up to play every game too.

Wonder what he's thought all season, his first full season and played with a bunch of kids coz the senior pro's have all been in the treatment room.

This guy came over on a 3 year deal and won the GF & WCC within 6 months of being here, probably thinks its job done and given the format I think you'll see some top performances again in the play offs (like he did last season, hull and wire away)

He'll be after a CC final too, Ive no doubt.

I'm backing him for a top performance on Sunday.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pedro wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:A bit of reality.
FPN has the best average gain for any of the Wigan props. He hasn't missed a game all season, and has only conceded 10 penalties. He has also made more offloads than any of the other props.

However, he has missed more tackles and made more errors than most.

So it's a mixed bag, not as bad as many are making him out to be, but could do better.
all them stats are because he hasnt missed a game all year so done more minutes than any other forward.
best AVERAGE gain....
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote:
pedro wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:A bit of reality.
FPN has the best average gain for any of the Wigan props. He hasn't missed a game all season, and has only conceded 10 penalties. He has also made more offloads than any of the other props.

However, he has missed more tackles and made more errors than most.

So it's a mixed bag, not as bad as many are making him out to be, but could do better.
all them stats are because he hasnt missed a game all year so done more minutes than any other forward.
best AVERAGE gain....
was that the only stat there?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Looks like I was right.

Top performance from FPN
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Does that include the first couple of minutes being pushed back to the goal-line and then knocking on shortly after?
It looked after that as if a change of tactics was employed as FPN seemed to be a dummy runner in his first spell and disappeared form the fray.
When he came back, he was much better and had some good runs at hard targets. Frustrating when you watch what he could do but so often doesn't. I suspect if he was an English prop of his age, his general performance wouldn't be acceptable.
markill

Post by markill »

His second half spell yesterday was as good a spell as he has had all year. Yes he made a bad error to start the game and he probably stayed on a set too long in the first half, but credit where it's due for his second half.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Thought he was excellent yesterday after the early skirmish.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Thought he was excellent yesterday after the early skirmish.
i agree...... hes not lived up too his hype ,but hes not been as bad as some people make out....... if he has got a problem its that he sometimes turns is body at the point of contact...... when he keeps them legs pumping and goes direct he seems too gain more metres.......hopefully our coaching staff have picked up on this
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

AdamMac wrote:Looks like I was right.

Top performance from FPN
I thought he was the best prop on the field in the semi-final and his performance was his best for some time. He is targeting the CC so I am predicting that he has a massive game on 26th August.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

markill wrote:His second half spell yesterday was as good a spell as he has had all year. Yes he made a bad error to start the game and he probably stayed on a set too long in the first half, but credit where it's due for his second half.
Was it his error or MM's pass?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards