Gabe Hamlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Gabe Hamlin

Post by No straw damn us »

OAMJSON wrote:I will give him a chance , iam convinced Madge sent him here to get experience before he goes back to Aussie
That's a strange suggestion as it was Madge who binned him at Souths!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what he has to offer
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

No straw damn us wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:I will give him a chance , iam convinced Madge sent him here to get experience before he goes back to Aussie

And, of course, Madge is no longer at Souths.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nezza Faz wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

So what? If he didn't rate the player, he didn't rate the player.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:I'm quite looking forward to seeing what he has to offer
I'm looking forward to seeing him too.

After all, it's not like there's much else to get excited about on the horizon... :roll:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: That's a strange suggestion as it was Madge who binned him at Souths!!

So that's it then - "binned" as an Under 19's player. There's no hope for any of us.

I seem to remember when he signed, he was recommended by Madge to Wane, and this was endorsed by Pat Richards, who said he has a big future !
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Has Wish fm gone into television?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nezza Faz wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:

So that's it then - "binned" as an Under 19's player. There's no hope for any of us.
You do realise all clubs inclusinding Wigan "bin" plenty of under 19's players? Some get picked up by other clubs, some don't. There are several ex-Wigan under 19's in the league including at Saints and Warrington.
I seem to remember when he signed, he was recommended by Madge to Wane, and this was endorsed by Pat Richards, who said he has a big future !
So what was the point of your previous comment about Madge no longer being at Souths? As to Richard's endorsing him how does he know how he will turn out? As we all know plenty of players who look the bees knees at junior grades do not go on to make it at senior level.

Recommended or not he is another project players and the trouble with project players we bring in is Wane tends to play them. Look at Gelling. A very average player who has not improved in his time here but he more or less walked into the side on the recommendation of Dean Bell.

We are supposed to have the best production line in the game yet keep signing projects players from outside the club. I have no issues with signing experienced players to plug the gaps our academy does not fill because we know no club can produce a team all on its own but to bring in more academy level players is mad.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
DaveO wrote: So what? If he didn't rate the player, he didn't rate the player.

You do realise all clubs inclusinding Wigan "bin" plenty of under 19's players? Some get picked up by other clubs, some don't. There are several ex-Wigan under 19's in the league including at Saints and Warrington.
So what was the point of your previous comment about Madge no longer being at Souths? As to Richard's endorsing him how does he know how he will turn out? As we all know plenty of players who look the bees knees at junior grades do not go on to make it at senior level.

Recommended or not he is another project players and the trouble with project players we bring in is Wane tends to play them. Look at Gelling. A very average player who has not improved in his time here but he more or less walked into the side on the recommendation of Dean Bell.

We are supposed to have the best production line in the game yet keep signing projects players from outside the club. I have no issues with signing experienced players to plug the gaps our academy does not fill because we know no club can produce a team all on its own but to bring in more academy level players is mad.
I agree

the problem is our recruitment policy is a joke we arent addressing the needs of the team. We never really replaced Scott Taylor a Big Experienced work horse forward, what did we get, a smaller inexperienced forward.

Junior's is very difficult to gauge bodies develop at different times which can lead to players looking great never kicking on a players written off coming good.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Has Wish fm gone into television?
I shall be attending one or two games this season once i get a CB 750 sorted :D