We should sign a crowd pleaser

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: We should sign a crowd pleaser

Post by jao711 »

Marshall,Davies,Escaré,Sam T,Gildart,if they don’t entertain or”please” you then maybe you should be watching the Latin’s.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I may be wrong but isn’t it ok when it’s out of competition?

That said surely he was in competition given that he was caught before the GF.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Wes wrote:I may be wrong but isn’t it ok when it’s out of competition?

That said surely he was in competition given that he was caught before the GF.
In-competition isn't as clear cut as it sounds.
Phil Wilkinson explains it here:
https://www.wigantoday.net/news/opinion ... -1-8798683
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'm part of the Wigan crowd and the rugby we've played this year has pleased me.
Although Davis has the 2 shirt I've considered him and Marshall as 3rd and 4th choice wingmen behind Manfredi and Burgess.
They are both young and have a lot to learn but good grief how good are they? Whoever plays right wing for Wire must be worried about being left one v one against Marshall. Davis is fast and can also power his way over the line.
I've seen some great wingmen play for Wigan but I can't remember having a 3rd and 4th choice of the calibre we've got with Davis and Marshall.
Whether Hardaker would be a crowd pleaser if he arrived I don't know but he's one heck of a player.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jao711 wrote:Marshall,Davies,Escaré,Sam T,Gildart,if they don’t entertain or”please” you then maybe you should be watching the Latin’s.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Been told this morning that FPN is deffo not coming back. Newcastle Knights the likely destination. Not my usual source but sounds pretty legit.
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote:
pedro wrote:auto 2 year ban for in competition cocaine use
It was on his own time, unlike Hock
he was tested after the Leeds game
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

jao711 wrote:Marshall,Davies,Escaré,Sam T,Gildart,if they don’t entertain or”please” you then maybe you should be watching the Latin’s.
true, but when i made my points it could seem a little harsh and as i said i have the utmost respect for any player that steps onto the pitch

and yes at times they do excite me but with the greatest of respect to them all would they (or any other player in super league) make me go to a game or pull in fans just on name alone - i really dont think there is that player in SL at the minute - the closest could be Ben Barba at Stains but i never watch NRL so dont know enough about him

i could perhaps have been spoiled in the past watching not only some Wigan greats, but also some very good rugby league players across hte board but i still stand by my point. where is the next Hanley, Offiah, Robinson, Sculthorpe, KFC, Vainikolo, Kenny, Stirling etc coming from - a player(s) who genuinely excite you and but bums on seats. a big name signing at Central Park would add thousands to the gate

this may be local to Wigan but it seems we have the ability to breed the talent, but cant wait to ship it on at the 1st opportunity. i know not every young player coming through will make it at SL level or go on to be a world beater, but its all about identifying the 1 or 2 that can or will be, but then treating them in the right way
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'm part of the Wigan crowd and the rugby we've played this year has pleased me.
Although Davis has the 2 shirt I've considered him and Marshall as 3rd and 4th choice wingmen behind Manfredi and Burgess.
They are both young and have a lot to learn but good grief how good are they? Whoever plays right wing for Wire must be worried about being left one v one against Marshall. Davis is fast and can also power his way over the line.
I've seen some great wingmen play for Wigan but I can't remember having a 3rd and 4th choice of the calibre we've got with Davis and Marshall.
Whether Hardaker would be a crowd pleaser if he arrived I don't know but he's one heck of a player.
ray mordt was the best third choice winger we have ever had imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

David myers and mark preston were very good also
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE