19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
4 Generations wrote: A wins a win.Nuff Said
Wolves next i beleive.
It was a "wins a win" v Salford as well. For another win v Wire I think we will have to play better than the last two weeks.
Thsts what I said to my wife on the way home won games yes against fairly average opposition the game will have to be raised for next week and beyond,I wonder if all this transfer talk is getting to them? Who knows but it needs sorting
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Looks like Morgan Escare is out of favour at the moment :(
Didn't he get a knee/boot to the head last week? Is he injured or dropped?
He looked a bit stiff to me when I saw him
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We always seem to struggle without certain players........ good coaches( or better coaches) seem to manage better when the troops are low.........considering hull kr had 13 injured, one man sin binned and played with 40 mins minus a man, did we do well?If the ball was on the other foot would they have beaten us comfortably? My guess is they would.......We have a good squad of players who are very fit..... are we well coached?I honestly dont think we are......Was escare injured?Surely we would have been better with sam in the halves.......i think we rely way to much on our fitness to win games......SW always gives credit to the opposition when we are average eg:salford/kr........Last season when we lost it was unacceptable ( even though we were very short on troops)..........so my point is, given the kr and salford circumstances, was they both acceptable wins by wigan?........ If we beat wire next week then he can say our minds were on the upcoming wire match....... if we lose then maybe, just maybe we are nowhere near as good as we should be
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well Wire and Saints are the test, aren't they? We have already run Saints closer than most others have managed at their place, and beaten Leeds and Cas along the way. We need a good win next week.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:
moto748 wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Looks like Morgan Escare is out of favour at the moment :(
Didn't he get a knee/boot to the head last week? Is he injured or dropped?
He looked a bit stiff to me when I saw him
Failed concussion test
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:We always seem to struggle without certain players........ good coaches( or better coaches) seem to manage better when the troops are low.........considering hull kr had 13 injured, one man sin binned and played with 40 mins minus a man, did we do well?If the ball was on the other foot would they have beaten us comfortably? My guess is they would.......We have a good squad of players who are very fit..... are we well coached?I honestly dont think we are......Was escare injured?*Surely we would have been better with sam in the halves**.......i think we rely way to much on our fitness to win games......SW always gives credit to the opposition when we are average eg:salford/kr........Last season when we lost it was unacceptable ( even though we were very short on troops)..........so my point is, given the kr and salford circumstances, was they both acceptable wins by wigan?........ If we beat wire next week then he can say our minds were on the upcoming wire match....... if we lose then maybe, just maybe we are nowhere near as good as we should be
*Escare failed concussion test.

**Sam dictates where he wants to play!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Didnt know about escare josie and i had my suspicions about sam......makes sense now........ so basically sam is telling the coach?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think Sam's performances this season at FB tell the coach everything he needs to know without Sam saying a word to him!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

DaveO wrote:
Wolves next i beleive.
It was a "wins a win" v Salford as well. For another win v Wire I think we will have to play better than the last two weeks.
Yes,I dont know,Yes and No.I know that makes no real sense,but .
KR had a plan.Mix it up and nothing to loose so win,scrappy at times.Most sides plays are similar in super league and they all know how to defend against them or attack.Under that senario,KR get hammered. Wigan are great at that.
I think Tim sheens mixed it up,stop start,knocked Wigan off ther game. Hardwork to play against and Wigans usual plan was almost ther downfall.Fitness in the end was also a factor,the heat,Ref,and Some cream rose to the top for Wigan.
I watched the Wolves vs Wolfs and that was similar in many ways to Wigans game,weird how similar at times.KR and Wolf Pack are similar ranking i would say.
Chris Hills comments on how armature the game was,worst game hes ever played in.Two Pub Side almost and Wire fell into that for some of the game. Disapline was also massive in both games.

Wolves vs Wigan
DESIRE MAY WIN THE DAY.Over anything.

4G
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

4 Generations wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wolves next i beleive.
Yes,I dont know,Yes and No.I know that makes no real sense,but .
KR had a plan.Mix it up and nothing to loose so win,scrappy at times.Most sides plays are similar in super league and they all know how to defend against them or attack.Under that senario,KR get hammered. Wigan are great at that.
I think Tim sheens mixed it up,stop start,knocked Wigan off ther game. Hardwork to play against and Wigans usual plan was almost ther downfall.Fitness in the end was also a factor,the heat,Ref,and Some cream rose to the top for Wigan.
I watched the Wolves vs Wolfs and that was similar in many ways to Wigans game,weird how similar at times.KR and Wolf Pack are similar ranking i would say.
Chris Hills comments on how armature the game was,worst game hes ever played in.Two Pub Side almost and Wire fell into that for some of the game. Disapline was also massive in both games.

Wolves vs Wigan
DESIRE MAY WIN THE DAY.Over anything.

4G
We played better against Cas than the lesser teams since so maybe the team will raise their game again v Wire. They need to but it's a bit depressing that we can get brought down to the level of these lesser teams rather than rising above their spoiling tactics and killing them off good and proper!