Next Wigan coach?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PF Warrior

Re: Next Wigan coach?

Post by PF Warrior »

I would love Edwards to be our next coach, but if he decides to stay with Rugby Union, What about Des Hasler? Just a thought.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What about Chris Chester? i think hes done a great job with an average/poor wakey side same as he did with a poor hkr side

he also has the wigan history

p.s he wouldnt be my first choice but im trying to stay realistic
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

According to the footy show, Wigan have put in a big offer to Wayne Bennett. Now that if true is a show of intent.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:What about Chris Chester? i think hes done a great job with an average/poor wakey side same as he did with a poor hkr side

A player i was glad to see leave, wouldn't want him as coach, It's to got be Edwards with Deacon/Faz/Harris/Another or An NRL Coach/Ast coach with Lockers/Lulu/Another
Wigan_forever1985

medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:What about Chris Chester? i think hes done a great job with an average/poor wakey side same as he did with a poor hkr side

A player i was glad to see leave, wouldn't want him as coach, It's to got be Edwards with Deacon/Faz/Harris/Another or An NRL Coach/Ast coach with Lockers/Lulu/Another
I just cant see why Edwards/Farrell would take a huge pay cut to come back to rugby league. Lets face it if they have kept up to speed with RL then they will know the league is actually dying and unless the Hearns or someone with real vision comes in that decline will continue IMO. RU on the other hand is getting stronger.

Again i cant see what we have to offer a top Aussie coach in a league in which is now effectively a feeder for the NRL to a large extent. An asst may be plausible and probably the "best" we can do

Realistically i can only believe that we will see a current superleague coach, winder or an aussie asst.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Daryl Powell and that's why Zak signed! :eh:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:According to the footy show, Wigan have put in a big offer to Wayne Bennett. Now that if true is a show of intent.
I’d heard this, & I posted on the Rumour Mill when I got a link to a source ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:

I just cant see why Edwards/Farrell would take a huge pay cut to come back to rugby league. Lets face it if they have kept up to speed with RL then they will know the league is actually dying and unless the Hearns or someone with real vision comes in that decline will continue IMO. RU on the other hand is getting stronger.

Again i cant see what we have to offer a top Aussie coach in a league in which is now effectively a feeder for the NRL to a large extent. An asst may be plausible and probably the "best" we can do

Realistically i can only believe that we will see a current superleague coach, winder or an aussie asst.
Not everything is about money though Josie, Coaching Wigan to a Challenge Cup win and other silverware is Edwards destiny, he's probably been dreaming about it since childhood, at some point it is an itch he will have to scratch, no is as good a time as any, surely one of the ways to get the game off it's arse is to bring back legends in one capacity or the other, If we are to carry on going for current run of the mill SL coaches then what is the point, big names put arses on seats whether it be players or coaches, simple as that
Wigan_forever1985

josie andrews wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:According to the footy show, Wigan have put in a big offer to Wayne Bennett. Now that if true is a show of intent.
I’d heard this, & I posted on the Rumour Mill when I got a link to a source ????
Again though what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Again though what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
A challenge to prove himself away from the NRL, Free car, Rent free home, years supply of Pooles pies?