All goes wrong with players out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: All goes wrong with players out

Post by Wintergreen »

Of course Tomkins isn't as good as before he went to NZ!

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Is he a decent player? Yes.

Is he a good player? At times.

Is he a marquee standard player? Not in a million years.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Suzieb wrote:This and previous posts are not discussing whether or not Sam is better than Morgan,its about how to get the team playing attractive rugby.In the early part of the season the switch between these two players seemed to work but for some reason it stopped with Morgan coming into the halves and Sam staying at fullback.The coach should rightly take the blame as he has let players dictate where they play.A good example for instance is John Bateman plays wherever he is picked and plays his heart out.
Bateman has a much better attitude than Tomkins.

I remember John Monie talking about Denis Betts. When asked to play centre instead of his favoured second row, Betts replied "Yes, why?"

Which, Monie remarked, was exactly the right order of response.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Wintergreen i am glad that you see the point that i am trying to make my husband has been involved in rugby for 50 years and allthough Sam Powell does allright at hooker Sam Tompkins would provide us with the cutting edge that we need,this is what he believes and i tend to agree.The coaching staff need to make this change as soon as this week and let us the suffering fans judge the result.

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I can't see any changes this year, as I don't think they will get rid of Wane early. We are 2nd in the league, and almost guaranteed a play off spot. If we had done a Leeds and dropped into the middle 8's then maybe.

So if Wane is in charge then he will pick Sam Powell. Even if IL said you must pick Sam in the halves, then its Woods who would be dropped. Nothing will change why Wane is in charge and looking at the table why should they. I know we are playing poor, but at the moment its just about making the play offs.

And as a Saints fan said the me on Friday, he can still see us getting to Old Trafford and turning them over. So if that's an option why change things.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

We all moan when Wane put a square peg in a round hole so to speak,so no there won’t be any change and Sam will his Wigan career out I expect as full back nor do I expect Wane to ship out early either,while it’s dragging on now and it is Wane for all the side isn’t playing well since the Magic game are still somehow second and frankly that’s good enough at the moment.

When Williams returns no doubt Woods will be dropped and the ponderous Powell will restart their doomed partnership,let’s be fair the Tommy/williams partnership wasn’t broken up last season and that at times was worse than this season,so no the die is cast and it will return.

Hankinson I hope will be a find and take the pressure off the centres and allow Bateman to play his natural game,though he could play anywhere,quite why the NRL sides are holding back is beyond me,pay them what they want he’s worth it,otherwise it’s the same as it’s been this season for the other positions,Faz is going to be a huge loss as he was getting into decent form as he got injured sadly.

Can they get to the GF,yes is the simple answer Wane knows how to do it and the top 4 will remain the same I think so it’s who Wigan gets in the semi final.

Can they win it?thats a question for another day.