New coach Adrian Lam checks-in to start his Wigan Warriors tenure

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: New coach Adrian Lam checks-in to start his Wigan Warriors tenure

Post by fozzieskem »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Carry on paying peanuts as far as I am concerned if we keep winning the GF!
Trouble is though you need at least a perceived "star name"to try and gain back some of the legion of fans who aren't going to games any more, though given, bar the "wane wobble"(when he announced he was off)the team played some good rugby, ok by the end of the season they where grinding games out at times for the most part they played a good style of rugby in my opinion.

Not sure what they can do to get people back, we shall see.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Carry on paying peanuts as far as I am concerned if we keep winning the GF!
Trouble is though you need at least a perceived "star name"to try and gain back some of the legion of fans who aren't going to games any more, though given, bar the "wane wobble"(when he announced he was off)the team played some good rugby, ok by the end of the season they where grinding games out at times for the most part they played a good style of rugby in my opinion.

Not sure what they can do to get people back, we shall see.

Im sorry but thats Bollocks, we brought Tomkins back and that did nothing, Bowen was a NRL legend at back end of his carrer and that did nothing.
The RL fan base just cant be bothered turning up to games anymore and like to blame the clubs for there lazyness.

Wane has gone in his place with have Lam for a year then Edwards if gates still fall after those annoucement then i would give up on the wigan fanbase ????
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

In my opinion, falling gates are less to do with the style of rugby, for all that people protest, and more that these days, people often just can't be arsed when they can watch it on TV. The wonderfully successful NRL often plays host to some pretty pathetic crowds, despite the entertainment on offer. But it's wall to wall on the TV. It's the same argument as folk staying at home watching TV or gaming, instead of going down the pub.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I don't think either Greenwood or Hardaker would have been "cheap" when we signed them. Players of their calibre are usually pretty expensive.
Do you think clubs would be chasing Hardaker with big fat cheques considering his record? Get real no one else wanted him.Also Greenwood was not rated at all by his coach Brennan and they wanted rid.Then of course there is Hankinson and Bullock, they must have broke the bank. :o
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:I don't think either Greenwood or Hardaker would have been "cheap" when we signed them. Players of their calibre are usually pretty expensive.
Do you think clubs would be chasing Hardaker with big fat cheques considering his record? Get real no one else wanted him.Also Greenwood was not rated at all by his coach Brennan and they wanted rid.Then of course there is Hankinson and Bullock, they must have broke the bank. :o
So you don't rate Hardaker or Greenwood?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Come on OH I am still waiting for an answer to my earlier question, 'If all our players are cheap then please explain how we always spend up to the cap limit and we are the only club to have two marquee players. Obviously, you know how much our players are paid, please enlighten us'.
shaunedwardsfanclub

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: The salary cap does!
In reality it doesn't
What do you mean?
Meds, can you please explain?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Come on OH I am still waiting for an answer to my earlier question, 'If all our players are cheap then please explain how we always spend up to the cap limit and we are the only club to have two marquee players. Obviously, you know how much our players are paid, please enlighten us'.
Bad wage management? also we only have one marque :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote:In reality it doesn't
What do you mean?
Meds, can you please explain?
No, I was wrong you where right
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

old hooker wrote:
So you don't rate Hardaker or Greenwood?
I do rate both as players, but my point is they were signed because they were cheap.Hardaker is a disgrace and should not be at the club , Greenwood would nt be at Wigan had Brennan not been desperate to get rid so he could sign other players.