Time for a divorse Mrs Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Time for a divorse Mrs...

Post by mrs_carney »

Whats the point of paying him to play for the academy. If we pay him he should play for us.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Whats the point of paying him to play for the academy. If we pay him he should play for us.
Wasn't it Colbon who chased a Wakey player the length of the pitch to try and stop a try earlier in the season?

Can you imagine a half hearted Carney bothering to attempt that?

I can't and that is why he is no longer worth the risk in the first team. His form when not injured has been poor anyway so the fact we have to pay him is just tough luck.

If he had any decency he would volunteer to have his contract terminated now as he clearly does not want to fulfill his end of the bargain.

Dave

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Or at least a divorce.
I would be glad to see the back of the ungrateful b*st*d if to release him Wigan made him buy out the last year of his contract to make up for the fact that he must have had £10's of £000's from the club whilst he has been unfit for the past 18 months.
How much money have Wigan paid him since that broken ankle against Widnes and now he wants out for free to suit himself, as Lennie Henrys fat girl would say I FINK NOT :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Reports in Aus are now saying that he has been granted a release from Wigan for next season.

From http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 14,00.html
Meanwhile, Newcastle today confirmed Irish winger Brian Carney would link with the Knights next season before starting a two year deal with the new Gold Coast club from 2007.

Newcastle team manager Steve Crowe said Carney received a release from English heavyweights Wigan last night.

Newcastle coach Michael Hagan said Carney - considered the world's No.1 winger after last year's Tri Nations heroics for Great Britain - was keen to play in the same backline as NSW halfback Andrew Johns.

"He's shown he is a quality player for Great Britain and for Wigan...and he wants to test himself in the NRL," he said.

"I know he has struck up a relationship with Andrew Johns and (hooker) Danny Buderus so I am sure they look forward to having him here."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike, I thought Carney has a law degree. Do they not study the law of contract in Dublin, Good riddance anyway, MrsC will confirm that I have always had a poor opinion of him.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Millward has said in today's press conference that Carney has not been released, but the club will not stand in his way.

ALso, he said that he is interested in signing Calderwood, but may want a centre instead.

see http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/1517 for more
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ian.birchall posted:
Mike, I thought Carney has a law degree. Do they not study the law of contract in Dublin, Good riddance anyway, MrsC will confirm that I have always had a poor opinion of him.
Maybe he has, but I've got a degree as well and most of my time as student (admittedly not doing law) I was studying the contents of a pint glass! Very little of what I learned during my degree has been useful in my career, most has been forgotten about (some of it deliberately so!). But I know a couple of law students, one is great but the other spends most of her time trying to find loopholes in contracts that don't suit whatever she's trying to do at the time - I wonder if she's been in touch with Mr Carney recently?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Don't be so flippin' stupid. This is real life not Roy of the Rovers (wrong sport but you get my drift hopefully). He can't just "leave". Wigan have to release him form his contract.
I honestly hope that you never become a coach or for that matter have to make any important decisions in your life because it could be a disaster.

Carney says he want to be released which shows that he wants to leave (hope you still understand) if Wigan say that he has to stay he will be unhappy which will probably lead to lack of effort while training therefore effecting his performance because he is being forced to do something instead doing because he wants to.
Then you have to look at the effect on players around him, his attitude to Wigan might affect other people, and players such as Colbon and other youngsters who want to replace him it won't help them to see a player who doesn't even want to play in the team before a person who really wants to play.

Millward has said that he won't stand in Carneys way so basically if you hearts not in it then go.

You look at the situation from one point of view, your own. You talk as if Carney is an object that belongs to Wigan and which can not be removed on the basis that you don't want him to leave.

Try thinking about it from Carneys point of view after all he is a person how has dreams and ambitions just like everyone else but he knows that he has a limited time to achieve it and his contract at Wigan is standing in the way. Players do have a life you know they are not tied and left in the changing rooms until the next match and you have to respect that they don't have to play rugby but it's a choice of there free will to do so.

Also look at the situation from other players point of views, do Wigan really need a player who does really want to play.

It’s Sports Psychology and a bit of common sense.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
ALso, he said that he is interested in signing Calderwood, but may want a centre instead.

see http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/1517 for more
and says " We have a couple of young kids coming through in the centre who within 12 months could be very good replacements"

Gleeson must be one, I'd have thought...but surely he doesn't mean Aspi?
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

In the Daily Express this morning it says
Newcastle Knights have confirmed the signing of Wigan winger Brain Carney for next season, and their football manager Steve Crowe cliams the Warriors have already granted the Irishman a release from the final year of his contract. Carney has agreed to join new NRL club Gold Coast in 2007 and Wigan coach Ian Millward said "If he wants to go sooner rather than later, I apperciate that."
So looks like Carney is now defiantly gone