Re: MORLEY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

pie eaters posted:
i think that it is entirly up to the club wether they want to bring a player in the super league or not we use to do exactly the same when tourists would come over for not even half a season and nobody was complaining then its the same thing but for shorter
Like I said, there should be limits - the rules would currently allow any club to bring in Morly, Lockyear, Johns, Kimmorley in for the Grand Final while ignoring 4 players who have played for the team all season and help get them into the play offs. This is wrong. If players such as Johns want to experience RL over here then come over and play a few of the weekly rounds - rather than just turning up for the glory.

And just because we used to do it - doesn't make it right. We have done it previously largely to replace injured players that wouldn't be in contention to play anyway; which is not the same as bringing Johns over for the play offs.

Every other club in the league used to complain bitterly about our short term loans - amazing how they suddenly think that it is acceptable now...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
SiY

Post by SiY »

This is obviously a hole in the rules an will hopefully be covered up soon. Like someone mentioned when the season is over and the playoffs start STains could loan Dallas to accompany Albert and just rule with speed.

They could do that right? That is whats being discussed i haven't gotten it wrong?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pie eaters posted:
people on here would not be complaining if we signed morley on ashort term dweal and that sione faumino will not be signing for a super league side because he said is club will not release him for it
Do you want a bet i would not. Its a disgrace and devalues the competition as a serious national game. Its wrong to bring in other players at the back end of the season.

We struggled all year and yet played on. maybe the rest of them are not man enough for the full season.

If this continues then we might as well not sign any decent players and just give them big money at the end of the season.

Remember we will get players from losing clubs who fail to make the playoffs.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

SiY posted:
This is obviously a hole in the rules an will hopefully be covered up soon. Like someone mentioned when the season is over and the playoffs start STains could loan Dallas to accompany Albert and just rule with speed.

They could do that right? That is whats being discussed i haven't gotten it wrong?
It was me who made that remark and no your right. What about Newton going to Bradford on a short term wee not going into the top 6.

Thats what in effect is happening.

As in the FA cup when your out of a compettion you do not play for another. It a case oh well ive lost my chance here ill give Noble a ring and see if i cant have a chance with him.

I know this is horrible what im going to say but i do hope Johns gets a bad injury that will stop this from happening again as the clubs will realise they risk losing the players if injured for a long time.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
Yay! We could sign Luke Robinson, Dave Hodgson, Terry O'Connor, Mick Cassidy, Gary Connolly, Phil Jones and anyone else that Wigan have let go in the past and who have gone onto have glorious careers with relegated and near-relegated clubs...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
Yay! We could sign Luke Robinson, Dave Hodgson, Terry O'Connor, Mick Cassidy, Gary Connolly, Phil Jones and anyone else that Wigan have let go in the past and who have gone onto have glorious careers with relegated and near-relegated clubs...
Its a joke and your right theoretically we could do that and sign players from Wakefield (Cant remeber the wingers name or the second row).

This needs stopping asap, or in the end we will end up with players coming from SL clubs or the NRL bnecause they have failed in there task for that season.

You fail you lose you do not have a second chance.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
Its a joke and your right theoretically we could do that and sign players from Wakefield (Cant remeber the wingers name or the second row).

This needs stopping asap, or in the end we will end up with players coming from SL clubs or the NRL bnecause they have failed in there task for that season.

No arguments from me. The other thing I think about is that all the clubs were ok'd in terms of the salary cap for this season, so what's to stop them massively overspending on the cap and breaking the rules when signing these players? Will they be hauled up next season on this? Or will they all be cheating and not counting these players on their salary cap for this year? I've said before I want to see more transparency in the salary cap and when signings like this happen (as Saints did 2-3 years ago) it becomes even more important, IMO, that fans can see that teams are playing fair by the rules of the sport.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
Fraggle posted: Yay! We could sign Luke Robinson, Dave Hodgson, Terry O'Connor, Mick Cassidy, Gary Connolly, Phil Jones and anyone else that Wigan have let go in the past and who have gone onto have glorious careers with relegated and near-relegated clubs...

No arguments from me. The other thing I think about is that all the clubs were ok'd in terms of the salary cap for this season, so what's to stop them massively overspending on the cap and breaking the rules when signing these players? Will they be hauled up next season on this? Or will they all be cheating and not counting these players on their salary cap for this year? I've said before I want to see more transparency in the salary cap and when signings like this happen (as Saints did 2-3 years ago) it becomes even more important, IMO, that fans can see that teams are playing fair by the rules of the sport.
didnt sts go on to win gf that year but only had points took off year after,still gets me this 1 i think they should of had the trophy took off them(by the way do u like mine_,
<------------ :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted: Its a joke and your right theoretically we could do that and sign players from Wakefield (Cant remeber the wingers name or the second row).

didnt sts go on to win gf that year but only had points took off year after,still gets me this 1 i think they should of had the trophy took off them(by the way do u like mine_,
<------------ :lol:
That is not a real punishmetn Mike. Better still take off all points they had that season and deduct it from their starting total. In a way theyd go -30 points.

Now would Saints do that again knowing that the following season theyd be relegated.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The_Bad_Guy posted:

you can't loan a player from another super league club just for the playoffs, no team would agree to that. and as for australians, we won most of our trophies during the late 80's early 90's with australian tourists helping to fill in holes in the squad for around half a season.

for example steve ella, brett kenny, gene miles, andy farrar
True, but that was when we were playing in winter...many of these players were playing all year round, partly for the NRL, partly over here. Now they have to make the choice.
I totally agree with the idea of a signing deadline, as with the CC, to prevent this sort of thing happening again.