I hope this isnt true

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SiY

Re: I hope this isnt true

Post by SiY »

I heard off a bloke (family friend) that he has and he was willing to bet £100 with me..:S not looking good.
warriors

Post by warriors »

I dont think that it is true. Because, they wouldn't get rid of terry, when next year they would have a really good team. And to be come a really good team they need terry there along with all the rest of the players. Terry is an awesome hooker, and i dont think there could be a player to replace him.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

SiY posted:
I heard off a bloke (family friend) that he has and he was willing to bet £100 with me..:S not looking good.
Sean Long?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

warriors posted:
I dont think that it is true. Because, they wouldn't get rid of terry, when next year they would have a really good team. And to be come a really good team they need terry there along with all the rest of the players. Terry is an awesome hooker, and i dont think there could be a player to replace him.
I don't think its a case of wanting to get rid, they can refuse for him to be released, but would his heart be in it for wigan? He's said he'll stay next year and look at offers the year after, whats everyone worrying about?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

robjoenz posted:
SiY posted:
Sean Long?
Could be martin gleeson, unless hes a reformed man!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

superleague posted:
it was in the evening post a couple of weeks ago that terry said he wasnt leaving wigan and he wud like to finish his career at wigan. but i do hope this rumour isnt true.
And it's in the WEP again today:-

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1135714
Wigantoday.net wrote:
Newton out of Tri-Nations
Terry Newton has been forced to pulled out of the Great Britain Test squad.

The Wigan Warriors hooker will not represent his country in the prestigious Tri-Nations series against Australia and New Zealand at the end of the season.

Newton has cited persistent injury problems as the reason and has met Great Britain coach Brian Noble to inform him of his decision.

The Test No.9 says it was a tough call to make, but believes that common sense must prevail.

Newton – who has battled through the pain barrier for most of the summer – says that he needs uninterrupted rest and a long off-season to restore his aching body back to full health.

As he insists that he wants to be a part of Warriors' ambitious plans for next year, despite rumours linking him with a move to the Bradford Bulls.

He said: "I've had a meeting with Nobby (Brian Noble) and we've agreed that it's better if I don't take part in the Tri-Nations at the end of the year.
"I'm pretty sick about it, it's a great honour just to get the chance to play for your country, but being realistic, my withdrawal has to be the right thing to do.

"The medics here at Wigan have been patching me up for months now and I've got to get myself right."

Newton struggled during the early stages of the season with a lower back problem and for the last few weeks has been suffering from a badly bruised hip.

He was in doubt before Warriors' 24-22 win over Leeds Rhinos on Friday and revealed that only a dose of painkillers allowed him to get back on the pitch during the second half after being substituted.

He added: "I play a game, then I either struggle or can't train all week, play again and aggravate the injury I've already got.

"It's a vicious circle and I've got to break it.

"Some decent rest followed by a good, long off-season spent training will mean I'm fully fit for next year so I can be a part of Wigan's plans."

Newton played against Australia in the final of the Tri-Nations last year.

Shaun Wane's Wigan Under-18s beat Leeds Rhinos 40-28 in their penultimate league game of the season at Edge Hall Road yesterday. Hooker Thomas Coyle was the man of the match.

Wigan's South Stand has been made all-ticket for Warriors' final home Super League game of the season against St Helens on Friday. The ticket hot line number is 0870 112 2552.

Wigan Warriors' Supporters' Association will reveal their player of the year at their September meeting
in the JJB's South Stand tomorrow (7.30pm).
From this it seems that Terry wants to stay, so if he does move on then it must be the club's decision rather than his...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

cheers fraggle. that makes me feel a bit better, sorry to start the rumour but i only mentioned it as the press were speading the rumour
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
chris_wild182

Post by chris_wild182 »

maybe newton won't be the only shock to wigans departures at end of season???
peter

Post by peter »

do you know something we dont chris :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

chris_wild182 posted:
maybe newton won't be the only shock to wigans departures at end of season???
If you mean Wild and Aspinwall that won't be a shock. Says on rlfans it will be announced today.

Dave