George William's released by Canberra

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Re: George William's released by Canberra

Post by Graham1 »

Hastings to hooker, Williams and Smith in the halves. Lam said previously he thought that hooker would be Hastings best position. Bring in a prop and we might just have a useful attack. Sam P offers very little in attack
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am me too, but his head is definitely not 100% on the job at hand.Yes he has little spurts but his body language just tells me that his hearts not at wigan.Shame coz he was a massive crowd pleaser but its only a game at the end of the day and it must be hard being away from family atm.One thing for sure is hes left us with some fantastic memories, if he does go
I mentioned the Luke Thompson rumours on another thread because Wigan felt they could of used French as part of a potential transfer in the off season.

Now French is linked with an immediate release (and we need a prop) I thought the rumours would re surface that the Bulldogs would be happy to release Thompson for us if we released French for them.

I know for a fact we have spoken to Thompson and given how he left saints he would have no issue playing for Wigan.

Williams will be a Wigan player again 100% (just when) French will also not be here next season.

I think Player welfare comes into it with French, something isn't right here.
Cheers dan its plain to see regarding bevan.Its also real funny how lam said wigan would see the extent of his injury on monday but still nothing said.All a bit fishy but wigan always act fishy when negotiations are in progress.It all makes sense what you say as they have clearly been holding back on a prop till other things are finalised.It got me thinking early season when zak kept harping on about returning to fullback
French may of played his last game for Wigan, possibly out for the season.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

that would explain the lack of news yesterday ^^
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Austin to Canberra
George to Wire on a fee with immediate effect
Question mark, Question mark
:D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well Williams is not a happy bunny. He's tweeted he's been kicked out apparently.

He asked for a release at the end of the season, not an immediate one but according to him the Raiders decided to release him now without consulting him. He's said he's not even signed any release forms so has concluded he's been unceremoniously shown the door.

EDIT:

George Williams
@George7Williams
FALSE. I text to explain my mental well-being to the welfare manager? I asked for a release weeks ago for the end of the season... Not once did I ask for a immediate release but Instead of supporting me the club kicked me out the door.
Plus I’ve not even signed the release
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Hope we don’t release Hastings to tigers to get Williams. That would be a big mistake for this season
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am Well Williams is not a happy bunny. He's tweeted he's been kicked out apparently.

He asked for a release at the end of the season, not an immediate one but according to him the Raiders decided to release him now without consulting him. He's said he's not even signed any release forms so has concluded he's been unceremoniously shown the door.

EDIT:

George Williams
@George7Williams
FALSE. I text to explain my mental well-being to the welfare manager? I asked for a release weeks ago for the end of the season... Not once did I ask for a immediate release but Instead of supporting me the club kicked me out the door.
Plus I’ve not even signed the release
It was in response to this article on Fox Sports claiming he had quit by text message:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p ... e3ba36aee6
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Graham1 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:23 am Hope we don’t release Hastings to tigers to get Williams. That would be a big mistake for this season
Agreed, I think there is more chance of Hastings switching positions if we signed Williams immediately. we also cant afford to slow/stop the development of Smith if we sign Williams immediately.

Club must have a plan if they are trying to tie him up now anyway.

Best option for me is tie him up with the deal that is already agreed and drawn up (2022 onwards) and let him adapt back to Super League with another club for 6 months.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Disagree, sign him and play him now. He's not injured and is match fit!
Hastings to 13 and George to 6.
A stop gap club would have to be a loan deal. Don't see the point in that!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:12 am
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:38 am How can we accommodate George's wage on the cap this season (if he were to sign) . Unless we dropped the alleged hunt for a top class prop .

Regards EW
Only £75k will count on the Salary Cap. We can afford it.
And £150k on Wire's cap. Wigan bound.