French stays

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: French stays

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The Club needs to carry out a review on why we always seem to have more injuries than other clubs. It is no use having top players if they are sat on the sidelines!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:15 pm The Club needs to carry out a review on why we always seem to have more injuries than other clubs. It is no use having top players if they are sat on the sidelines!
Just get to grand final…… its a miracle cure which worked for locker regularly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

up the junction wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm Fantastic news for a change.
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:24 am I was told categorically he was leaving to return home to family. :roll: Wigan have somehow convinced him to
Think your source is believing and telling you what ever he wants Dan , no disrespect meant to yourself.

Update - French was returning home at the end of the season as in leaving Wigan 100%. This injury and the way the club have offered to support him made up his mind to trigger the years extension in his favour. He was leaving before this injury.

Wigan offered French more time to think about it but he was adamant he wanted it announced at the same time as the fact he’d be out for the season.

For anyone confused, French has returned home now simply because he is injured, he will return in time for pre season 2022
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry Dan. But bevan himself told me when he first got injured he was staying at Wigan another season at least. At that time he thought he would be out for 6 weeks I posted that on here as was helping with a house job. It is only last week he knew full extent of layoff. He did however want to go back home for family reasons but fully intended returning the season ending injury as just given him more time. Ps don't be surprised if he stays at Wigan for a while yet.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Yeah the injury made his mind up to stay? Ive said that, the fact its a season long injury is the reason his extension has been announced now, sorry if i didnt make that clear
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:15 pm The Club needs to carry out a review on why we always seem to have more injuries than other clubs. It is no use having top players if they are sat on the sidelines!
Do we though? I know we have a bad one at the moment but do people pay enough attention to other teams to know.

Leeds Salford and Wakefield have also has big injury issues recently.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:25 am
Do we though? I know we have a bad one at the moment but do people pay enough attention to other teams to know.

Leeds Salford and Wakefield have also has big injury issues recently.
Saints don’t so what are they doing right?
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The thing that saints are doing right regarding injuries is they’re getting two points for not playing so less injured
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

cherry toffee wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:05 pm The thing that saints are doing right regarding injuries is they’re getting two points for not playing so less injured
this last week has worked really well for them hasnt it

only 1 player involved last week and he has been coming back from injury so needed game time

all others pulled out and rested
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Cunningham and Roby used to do it regularly