Sunday's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Sunday's game

Post by morley pie eater »

To look for the positives from today - we won!
I know that "winning isn't everything", but then again, when you're coming off 5 consecutive losses, have at least 9 first teamers out, and most of your fans are so miserable that they're only happy when they're slagging you off, I guess you've got to be thankful for small mercies.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Great day today. Toughed out the win and back on track for the GF (even though that will be 2 months later than we think now with another 10 rounds squeezed in)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:To look for positives from today.

Hanley showed enough to be given a shot at FB. We need Hastings back in the halves.
Not much chance of that given Lam’s comments as reported in the Manchester Evening News responding to comments from the Sky TV pundits questioning playing Hastings at full back.

He justified playing TL & Smith in the halves and Hastings at full back because “you have to have your best 13 on the pitch” and if he didn’t do that he’d have to drop Smith.

So he a coach who will play his best players anywhere ignoring if it actually works.

Based on his comments it wouldn’t surprise me when Hardaker is fit again he plays him at centre and keeps Hastings at full back.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well that would be utterly insane, but I'm not holding my breath.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 am
Caboosegg wrote:To look for positives from today.

Hanley showed enough to be given a shot at FB. We need Hastings back in the halves.
Not much chance of that given Lam’s comments as reported in the Manchester Evening News responding to comments from the Sky TV pundits questioning playing Hastings at full back.

He justified playing TL & Smith in the halves and Hastings at full back because “you have to have your best 13 on the pitch” and if he didn’t do that he’d have to drop Smith.

So he a coach who will play his best players anywhere ignoring if it actually works.

Based on his comments it wouldn’t surprise me when Hardaker is fit again he plays him at centre and keeps Hastings at full back.
His comments don't even make sense when he played a fullback on the wing all game anyway :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

How many penalties did we give away yesterday?Take the win but we where still very poor in all departments
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Our attack is bad but simple to alter to draw defenders into the line
1st Draw a defender to you before you pass it commits 2 defenders
2nd Have attacking players running through the defence line it draws defenders
3 rd Have attacking players run the angles to draw defenders
4 th Set the attacking line deeper so you can pass behind the attacking players ( This gives a player time )
5th DROP THIS FLAT LINE GOOD TEAMS LIKE SAINTS WARRINGTON MOVE UP FAST & HIT THE ATTACKING PLAYER AS HE COLLECTS THE BALL LOOSING THE BALL

Can i have the job I am cheap with 60 years of watching Wigan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:31 pm Our attack is bad but simple to alter to draw defenders into the line
1st Draw a defender to you before you pass it commits 2 defenders
2nd Have attacking players running through the defence line it draws defenders
3 rd Have attacking players run the angles to draw defenders
4 th Set the attacking line deeper so you can pass behind the attacking players ( This gives a player time )
5th DROP THIS FLAT LINE GOOD TEAMS LIKE SAINTS WARRINGTON MOVE UP FAST & HIT THE ATTACKING PLAYER AS HE COLLECTS THE BALL LOOSING THE BALL

Can i have the job I am cheap with 60 years of watching Wigan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pointn1 is simple and effective and something we use to be very good at pre Lam.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.