v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: v Wakefield

Post by DaveO »

Could not make the game today and was pleasantly surprised to see the score. After a tough game on Good Friday I was expecting a close game.

It’s certainly a turnaround from recent season encounters with Wakefield. Put 90 points on them in two games when we have come the odd cropper v them recently.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:11 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:08 pm Wakefield utterly abysmal but can only beat what's in front of you.

Ellis had a strong return,Mago good as well but again tempered at how bad Wakefield where today still back on the winning horse which is always good.

I do worry that in the last few home games only 3 stands are being used is the DW too big for rugby league I wonder?
All depends on how many away fans turn up, poor support from Wakefield considering it's an hour away.
Been like that for awhile though mate I'm struggling to think if the extra stand has been ended this season so far?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I asked Bevan after the game was he injured with not coming back out for the second half & he said it was just a precaution & he is fine 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:01 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:08 pm Wakefield utterly abysmal but can only beat what's in front of you.

Ellis had a strong return,Mago good as well but again tempered at how bad Wakefield where today still back on the winning horse which is always good.

I do worry that in the last few home games only 3 stands are being used is the DW too big for rugby league I wonder?
All depends on how many away fans turn up, poor support from Wakefield considering it's an hour away.
Been like that for awhile though mate I'm struggling to think if the extra stand has been ended this season so far?
We also have had alot of Thursday games. Not a excuse just an observation.
Summer will tell though.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:49 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:01 pm

We also have had alot of Thursday games. Not a excuse just an observation.
Summer will tell though.
And a very valid one too it is worrying though that wigan now only need the 3 stands open no matter who they play,bar probably saints of course,this isn't a knock about away fans but more an observation that money is clearly getting tight and days out at the rugby are beyond people at present.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't agree. If the tickets were a fiver, the stadium still wouldn't be much fuller.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:09 am I don't agree. If the tickets were a fiver, the stadium still wouldn't be much fuller.
Might be worth a go as a special event though. I've often thought that if you can get big crowds in with a great atmosphere they become self sustaining. A quiet stadium that feels like your rattling around in is harder to get new fans enthusiastic to return to.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:02 am
moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:09 am I don't agree. If the tickets were a fiver, the stadium still wouldn't be much fuller.
Might be worth a go as a special event though. I've often thought that if you can get big crowds in with a great atmosphere they become self sustaining. A quiet stadium that feels like your rattling around in is harder to get new fans enthusiastic to return to.
I’ve been told there is an offer on including yesterday & next Sunday, 2 adults for £20 & a child for £2

Don’t quote me, it’s just what a fan commented on yesterday with the couple of coach loads of kids & parents for the fan day at Robin Park.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

In the age of the Internet are you surprised? I have said this before and stand by it from experience of trying to invite people but if when you look on social media/forums and there is nothing but negativity 99% of the time why would you part with money to go.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:49 am
In the age of the Internet are you surprised? I have said this before and stand by it from experience of trying to invite people but if when you look on social media/forums and there is nothing but negativity 99% of the time why would you part with money to go.
This is one of the reasons why I only do FB on game day just to post a good luck message to the boys, then it’s log out again until next game day!
I only look on Twitter for the Warriors updates & a couple of others. I’d sooner read a good book or the comments on here! 😉😂