RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
craigo

Re: RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Post by craigo »

Football and RU have a thriving International game. We definitely don't. But I would be very passionate about England RL. Not as much as I am about Wigan Rugby League though.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I know quite a few people who go to RU internationals who never go to a club game and wouldn’t even be able to say to you which club they support because they don’t follow one!

It’s the opposite of RL where these days you get a subset of fans from Wigan, Warrington, Saints an so on going but there doesn’t seem to be a massive demand for tickets from people who don’t follow a club.

RU with the aid of the media have international’s off pat and have done for years.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:15 am I know quite a few people who go to RU internationals who never go to a club game and wouldn’t even be able to say to you which club they support because they don’t follow one!

It’s the opposite of RL where these days you get a subset of fans from Wigan, Warrington, Saints an so on going but there doesn’t seem to be a massive demand for tickets from people who don’t follow a club.

RU with the aid of the media have international’s off pat and have done for years.
Spot on Dave.

But I bet the like to say "we are RU fans & we go to internationals!" Jumped up beggars 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan