Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by Firestarter »

I take it i can still buy on the day?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Yes you can buy on the day Wiganers, Salford have had a good day in terms of Sales so I think we will be very loud. Almost all of the East Stand is sold so the atmosphere will be rocking, I fancy 5,500 Salford fans to out sing Wigan though if the Pie Army which is 1,000 on pre order gets to 1,500 plus on the day it will be immense.

PS My dad the 'Big Lad from Norley Hall (near City Rd)' is drumming up support for his beloved Cherry and Whites on forums for tomorrow. I grew up in Salford hence mine and my kids loyalties. Love it, he ain't happy his granddaughters ain't Wigan fans though he buys my eldest a season ticket and she goes to home games.

Be interested to get Wigan fans thoughts on Ollie P tomorrow, for me he's our best forward and has more than replaced Taylor, Burgess has been immense too.

Love a friendly family rivalry.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

LancashireRed wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:22 pm Yes you can buy on the day Wiganers, Salford have had a good day in terms of Sales so I think we will be very loud. Almost all of the East Stand is sold so the atmosphere will be rocking, I fancy 5,500 Salford fans to out sing Wigan though if the Pie Army which is 1,000 on pre order gets to 1,500 plus on the day it will be immense.

PS My dad the 'Big Lad from Norley Hall (near City Rd)' is drumming up support for his beloved Cherry and Whites on forums for tomorrow. I grew up in Salford hence mine and my kids loyalties. Love it, he ain't happy his granddaughters ain't Wigan fans though he buys my eldest a season ticket and she goes to home games.

Be interested to get Wigan fans thoughts on Ollie P tomorrow, for me he's our best forward and has more than replaced Taylor, Burgess has been immense too.

I’m really chuffed for Partington. He deserves to play and play big minutes and that wasn’t happening here. Him and Smithies were a bit too similar to be in the same pack IMO and Wigan made the right call. He’s going great at Salford and some have said we should’ve kept him but he wouldn’t solve the issues with size and power in our pack.

He is getting to show his skills at Salford and is developing nicely. It’s hugely ironic that chances were hard to come by for him at Wigan last season, yet he’d have played every week this season due to injuries and suspensions. The same could be said for James McDonnell also.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:04 pm
LancashireRed wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:22 pm Yes you can buy on the day Wiganers, Salford have had a good day in terms of Sales so I think we will be very loud. Almost all of the East Stand is sold so the atmosphere will be rocking, I fancy 5,500 Salford fans to out sing Wigan though if the Pie Army which is 1,000 on pre order gets to 1,500 plus on the day it will be immense.

I’m really chuffed for Partington. He deserves to play and play big minutes and that wasn’t happening here. Him and Smithies were a bit too similar to be in the same pack IMO and Wigan made the right call. He’s going great at Salford and some have said we should’ve kept him but he wouldn’t solve the issues with size and power in our pack.

He is getting to show his skills at Salford and is developing nicely. It’s hugely ironic that chances were hard to come by for him at Wigan last season, yet he’d have played every week this season due to injuries and suspensions. The same could be said for James McDonnell also.
I have a on good authority Oli P is on a VERY good contract at Salford one Wigan couldn’t match (as he’d be down the pecking order compared to the first choice at Salford).

Made up for him. He’ll be someone who has storming games against Wigan for years to come to prove a point.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Made up for Ollie, miss seeing him though. Watched him come through our academy system along with the others in that age group that are in our team.

Friends with his family 😊 (His mum does my ironing 😊)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Wigan fans if you need parking today then there is only limited parking left at the Stadium in the South Car Park, book in advance if attending today's match.

https://ajbellstadiumparking.co.uk/salf ... n-warriors

Otherwise use Barton Airport or Salford Roosters Club House, both are a short walk. If you want to park at the Trafford Centre you can use the free bus service.

https://salfordreddevils.net/free-trave ... d-stadium/
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Is the match on Wigan Tv it says it is on Google ??
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:55 pm Made up for Ollie, miss seeing him though. Watched him come through our academy system along with the others in that age group that are in our team.

Friends with his family 😊 (His mum does my ironing 😊)
Funny enough I've got a Mrs Partington who does our ironing too, Josie! (I'm sure you know what I mean!) :lol: :lol:;
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Forums gone quiet.... we must have lost.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

😄😄😄