French and Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: French and Field

Post by Southern Softy »

What's wrong with:
Field at FB - better for his defence than in the halves (and for our defence in general) and the ability to join the line when he chooses
French at RW - scores tries for fun and can move around (within limits)
Miski at Right centre - Makes hard yards out of defence - the defence with French will be stronger and still has the option to score from close into the line.
Cust and Smith in the halves.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I would stick with it. Bevan is one of if not the most special talents in SL. His defence has improved so much along with his willingness to do the non pretty tough stuff, he's maturing into a well rounded player. I think his fitness will improve and he will find his strengths with ball in hand and start to show it at 6 given time. Miski is a glue kind of guy by the looks of it well liked with a great attitude, I'm absolutely delighted for him and would be very sad to see him not stay and extend with us. His hard yards and ability to finish have seen him nail down a starting spot and he should stay there on form. Field is another super edge of the seat player to watch and again seems like a decent lad I'm happy with all three in the team and we need to stick with it.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

The French/Field dilemma is one which has got everyone searching for the best solution, i agree with Southern Softy on this one.

I believe Abbas Miski can do a decent job at centre, after all he takes in a lot of drives to give the forwards a break and does it well.
Moving French to the wing was something I initially did not like because I wanted him to be closer to the ball to get the illusive best out of him. If he plays a game similar to Martin Offiah, it could work. In his interview on legends recently Martin said he didn't wait for the ball to come his way, he went looking for it, so he popped up all over the field. Whilst French is roaming Miski can shuffle across to the wing, this could be the x factor when we have the ball. Reset when we are defending. Worth a try I think.