Leeds Rhinos close in on Brodie Croft after contract breakthrough

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WarriorWinger

Re: Leeds Rhinos close in on Brodie Croft after contract breakthrough

Post by WarriorWinger »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:49 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:50 am
I agree Josie i'd say Bevan was more eye catching last season than this one but at least that wrong was righted this season.
It's the flawed system, an above average player in a poor team will always glean maximum points each week.

They should pick one player from each team, each week, then grade them in order and assign points, so the worst of the best would say get half a point and the best of the best that week would get six points, as an example
Thats not true. Theyll get the points if they're the best player in the game, not in their team. If they play wigan French or field can pick up the points and they won't. Your suggestion however definitely means they'd win some points every game but others in teams with more competition would share points on different weeks. Right now, an outstanding player in an average team does have an advantage but it's not as bad as you state.
But isn't the point of the award to find the best player in the league and not the best player in their respective games, so against poor teams a player could shine and against the better teams they wouldn't but a good playetr in a very good team may never get a sniff of points.

By picking one from each team per round, then comparing them together in that round, should in theory get the best player in the league, does it not
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:50 am
I agree Josie i'd say Bevan was more eye catching last season than this one but at least that wrong was righted this season.
It's the flawed system, an above average player in a poor team will always glean maximum points each week.

They should pick one player from each team, each week, then grade them in order and assign points, so the worst of the best would say get half a point and the best of the best that week would get six points, as an example
Thats not true. Theyll get the points if they're the best player in the game, not in their team. If they play wigan French or field can pick up the points and they won't. Your suggestion however definitely means they'd win some points every game but others in teams with more competition would share points on different weeks. Right now, an outstanding player in an average team does have an advantage but it's not as bad as you state.
Recent winners suggest otherwise
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The only awards that matter are:

Challenge Cup winner
Grand Final winner
League Leaders Shield winner

The rest just come down to opinion.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:01 pm

Recent winners suggest otherwise
I know. Should have been George Williams eh?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The man of steel should be the stand out player in the league.The one that everyone talks about( not just home fans).French and field are always in this category.Brodie Croft was hardly mentioned last season till around the half season mark.Brodies a great player but he was never man of steel last season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE