he has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: he has to go

Post by Mike »

backin2006 posted:
im sorry but ur wrong dave whealan must sell b4 we r back winning tropheys hes totaly latics and has put no money in to the warriors since he took over.move over dave let some1 who actually cares buy us please b4 u take us down
Apart from save the club from bankrupcy and extinction, build a new stadium and sponsor us and super league, obviously...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Mike posted:
backin2006 posted:
im sorry but ur wrong dave whealan must sell b4 we r back winning tropheys hes totaly latics and has put no money in to the warriors since he took over.move over dave let some1 who actually cares buy us please b4 u take us down
Apart from save the club from bankrupcy and extinction, build a new stadium and sponsor us and super league, obviously...
Apart from that though, what else does he do for the club!? :P
Am not wanting to cut all ties with those that have been keeping us going the last few years, we've not been succesful but Whelan has stuck by us. Mo got the coach everyone wanted, the coach hasn't lived up to standards. I don't know who we'd get if we got rid of milly but out of the 3 he's the one I'd want to go most.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it can't be fitness that's to blame, but I'm not so sure. There has to be a reason why every team we have played has finished stronger than us. I have been to a few games and functions this season now where a player has been interviewed and they all say the same thing re training, i.e they are working extremely hard, etc. This may be a soundbite but I know for a fact that they start training at 7am and can sometimes be there for over 6 hrs (I got this from Rads). Does anyone thing that they could be doing too much?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

If that's true Jimmy then yes, they're probably doing a bit too much training wise but surely Millward should know this. I read that people shouldn't go to the gym every day of the week as it just burns out the muscles, Matthew might know a bit more about this than me but if you're not supposed to do an hour in the gym every day of the week you surely shouldn't be able to do a full days training and thena match at the end of it.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
OJ

Post by OJ »

Think they would all do well to take notice of Terry Matterson's words after yesterday (particularly the bit about taking a good hard look at themselves) -
Castleford coach Terry Matterson:
"It's been a massive turn-around here, and it's all down to the personnel. We had a good hard look at ourselves.

On the improvement in form he added: "We've been losing to teams by scores we shouldn't have been losing by."

I was happy when we got Ian as coach but just don't know what to make of the current situation. Seems like there are a few factors all having an influence - bruised ego's, lot of new players who haven't gelled, playing in the freezing cold (ok I know all teams have to do that) but we started off against Les Catalans playing ok and were great in the first half against Leeds and last year's team went from being awful to playing nearly as good as anybody at the end of the season so I don't believe it is all down to the coach. We are providing fans of opposition teams with a great time at the moment let's not make it worse by going on a witchhunt about the coach - something the club management has already made us a laughing stock with over the years. What is needed at Wigan is a period of stability and it looks like we are in a damage limitation area already for this season and seeing as we can't undo what has already happened we'll just have to go with that. Whatever happens I will always support them - they don't set out to play badly or lose and they are all talented players in their own right so they need to relax and get some confidence back although even I have to admit it will not be easy to do that this week at Odsal.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

MrsLam posted:
If that's true Jimmy then yes, they're probably doing a bit too much training wise but surely Millward should know this. I read that people shouldn't go to the gym every day of the week as it just burns out the muscles, Matthew might know a bit more about this than me but if you're not supposed to do an hour in the gym every day of the week you surely shouldn't be able to do a full days training and thena match at the end of it.
Training every single day of the week is possible - but really recommended. Rest and recovery is nearly as important as training itself.

As for training 6 hours a day...

From a weights point of view, lifting heavy weights for more than an hour or so is a waste of time. After an hour your testosterone levels have fallen and you start burning muscle.

In order to gain strength, muscles need time to recover; as weight training damages them - hence that lovely aching feeling after a hard session in the gym. Weight training damages the fibres of the muscle which are then repaired by the body in attempt to deal with the stress they have been put under.

So training the same muscles everyday will leave you overtrained and a lot more likely to get injured.

Most pro atheletes do two training sessions a day - with a break in between (a lot of rugby players have been known to have mid afternoon nap). Therefore I would presume that the players break up the course of the day by doing technical session and watching game videos (although from the way they have been playing recently it looks like they've been reading the papers and watching day time telly)

A night on the beers after a hard days training will definitely NOT help. Drinking dehydrates you and will mean that your body needs even more time to recover.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

If I had posted yesterday or this morning then I would have strongly agreed with you. however, cold light of day, who would we get to replace him?
My first point of call would be to sack the undertaker (what defense) and ask Rads if he fancies a spell at defensive coaching.
Secondly, as I have stated previously, would Luke come back and if so how much to buy him out of his contract?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Millward's still living in a dream world though - he says:
" At 12-0 up we seemed to be going fine"
( http://www.wiganonline.co.uk/ViewArticl ... D=1391724 )

Not the way I saw it - I thought our lead at that stage was against the run of play, and none of the fans I was standing with had any confidence in the way we were playing, despite the lead.

Looking at whatever positives I can find, though...both Gleeson & Goulding had good games for the U21's. I'd much rather see one of them at centre instead of KB.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

GeoffN posted:

Looking at whatever positives I can find, though...both Gleeson & Goulding had good games for the U21's. I'd much rather see one of them at centre instead of KB.
Goulding for centre (8)

No actually. I'd rather this team see the season through and take all the negative but truthful comments with them. To bring a young lad into the current team is unfair on him, don't ruin his career Geoff, put him in the team now and he'll never want to play rugby again.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

KEEP MILLWARD AND STOP GETTING ON HIS CASE !!!!!

END OF.