WE CAN WIN THE CUP?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jimofwigan

Re: WE CAN WIN THE CUP?

Post by jimofwigan »

How do you motivate a team that is low on confidence?Do you tell them they are not good enough at every opertunity you get? Do you display the stats that show nothing of the things they have done right. OR Do you build them up at every opertunity you get? Do you show them vidio clips of the trys they have scored ?and Do you show belief in the players you have by saying what you think they are capable of.
So before you start knocking the most succesful coach of the modern era think through why he says the things he does. :exc:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

jimofwigan posted:
How do you motivate a team that is low on confidence?Do you tell them they are not good enough at every opertunity you get? Do you display the stats that show nothing of the things they have done right. OR Do you build them up at every opertunity you get? Do you show them vidio clips of the trys they have scored ?and Do you show belief in the players you have by saying what you think they are capable of.
So before you start knocking the most succesful coach of the modern era think through why he says the things he does. :exc:
Keep them off here for a start!! :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ince warrior posted:
to be honest, i cant see why they can't just play the final at old trafford like the gf... after all, most teams are northern anyway, and this would cut down travel costs etc.
Two reasons...
O.T. only holds 68k - there were 74k at Cardiff last year.
Lots of people have already bought tickets and booked accommodation in London.
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

in answer to wigan-forever we could not win a raffle at this moment in time as we are crap,
nathan G

Post by nathan G »

GeoffN posted:
ince warrior posted:
to be honest, i cant see why they can't just play the final at old trafford like the gf... after all, most teams are northern anyway, and this would cut down travel costs etc.
Two reasons...
O.T. only holds 68k - there were 74k at Cardiff last year.
Lots of people have already bought tickets and booked accommodation in London.
as i have mentioned before in other posts my mates brother is working on new wembley he is one of the workers being laid off next tuesday bon jovi concert and take thats concerts have been moved to the milton kenyes.work only re started this week after the health and safety inspection after the roof fell in he reckons stadium will be finished mid august and then i another month for the safety inspections to be carried out,arsenals ground is being mentioned by his gaffers for the challenge cup practice run before the new footie season next year :wink:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

jinkin jimmy posted:
jimofwigan posted:
Keep them off here for a start!! :)
How can you defend this team the way it is performing at the moment.
It may have escaped your notice, but we are bottom of the league. As I stated in an earlier posting, if he had said lets get a good game together and kick on from here, then fair enough. He's just getting the same reaction he got after the Warrington game. We need credibility not empty soundbites.
I will be the first to congratulate IM when we make the playoffs, but at present he has done nothing and we have had the worse start to a season for many many years.
Simple question. How many people out there seriously hand on heart beleive we have the ability to win the Challenge Cup this year.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Hand on heart i can honestly say no at this moment in time but hey we have till august for the final so who knows?

:eusa1:

Let the fat lady sing lol
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Wigan and the challenge cup are a team Wigan won the challenge cup 8 times on the trot in a great decade...... NOW is the time to start :sly:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Wigan and the challenge cup are a team Wigan won the challenge cup 8 times on the trot in a great decade...... NOW is the time to start :sly:
Bear

Post by Bear »