Millward sacked - Post Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: wigan sack Millward- Who's...

Post by WiganWarrior »

John Kear i would say

Faz ???? i wish
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
wink

Millward

Post by wink »

:o the Wigan club is a joke. Sorry you can laugh at a joke. This is not funny What are they playing at? We have gone through more coaches than Shearings. All the coaches we have had have had to put up with the crap signings that LINDSEY has brought in. Farrar was brought in as a defensive coach. What defence have we got. This situation is going from bad to worse. Let's get some directors who know what they are doing. LINDSAY MUST GO. It's no wonder they did not want anything to do with him in Australia. We don't want him here either. We are the laughing stock of the league. Wink :angry: and digusted.
thegimble

Re: millward sacked

Post by thegimble »

Here is a dilemma.

Player power is such a massive infulence in a side and if a manager loses the players then it is him who loses his job. For me he had to go as the players would not play for him and we have no natural leade in the side.

Since Faz left who has been the leader of the side. Lockers too young and the likes of Fletcher have not been here long enough to gain respect from the players.

Can you imagine any player lacking efforet if Faz was there. It would be hairdryer time.

For the next coach we need a natural leader and an icon that all look up to. Id preffer Chris Anderson but for me there is 2 id have in front of him on the basis i have pointed out.

Shaun Edwards and Hanley

Or as a 3rd choice heres an option. It could backfire if it happened and we could get ecen worse.

Lam as Coach and Faz as player/assistant.

Faz i feel has no carrer in union now due to the time hes been off so it could be an option.

I feel a bit for IM he is a good choice. But the Saints backage has sunk him bigstyle.

Fraggle

Re: wigan sack Millward- W...

Post by Fraggle »

WiganWarrior posted:
John Kear i would say

Faz ???? i wish
Neither would work, Kear because he's useless and Faz because Saracens probably wouldn't release him without a lot of compensation and he's get even less coaching experience than Betts had when he was in charge. No disrespect to Faz, but we're really in the brown smelly stuff and need someone with a bit of experience to get us out of that mess.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

I spoke to a current player earlier this afternoon and he told me the news, if I'm honest he didn't seem to care either way, didn't reveal anything about a replacement or anything either.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

any chance of a moderator putting a block on the other chat links (or whatever they are called) we already have about 4 and this seems to be the one people are posting on, just makes it a bit easier to follow.

p.s. i agree lammy for coach
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Fraggle

Re: Millward

Post by Fraggle »

wink posted:
:o the Wigan club is a joke. Sorry you can laugh at a joke. This is not funny What are they playing at? We have gone through more coaches than Shearings.
Didn't our blue neighbours go through 3 coaches in one season before getting Paul Jewell? Maybe it's something in the Douggie water that causes coaching staff to change so often...
All the coaches we have had have had to put up with the crap signings that LINDSEY has brought in.
Dallas, Renouf, Craig Smith, Godwin etc etc etc.
Let's get some directors who know what they are doing. LINDSAY MUST GO. It's no wonder they did not want anything to do with him in Australia. We don't want him here either.
I thought we did get two new directors not a couple of weeks ago. This time this decision has been a committee decision, not just ML's decision as would have been the case previously.
We are the laughing stock of the league.
We already were that with our league position. Everyone knew something had to change, and booting out the coach when you're bottom of the league isn't really too unusual.

But I wonder if there's a timing issue here? Maybe someone had a bet on Millward not being the first coach to get fired this year and they've waited until someone else (Kear) went first...?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

JIMH posted:
any chance of a moderator putting a block on the other chat links (or whatever they are called) we already have about 4 and this seems to be the one people are posting on, just makes it a bit easier to follow.

p.s. i agree lammy for coach
Good call.
I'll own up to posting one of them, but there were no others on at the time of typing it.
Lam YES
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Surely it's time Lindsay had the good grace to get out. He has made the most famous club in the world in to a laughing stock.
He alone is responsible for hiring and firing a string of coaches, signing dead beats (Vaeliki, O'Neill, Ainscough, Seu Seu) releasing our best young players (Briscoe, Robinson). He has no stategy for the Club and no vision.
When we won at Wakefield, he couldn't wait to get his fat face on telly and be interviewed on radio. Where has he been the rest of the time?
I have posted on previous threads that this Club has been brought down by a succession of incompetent Chairmen. Robinson took us to the point of extinction, Nolan got out because he refused to be told what to do, Norbury (what a joke!) cost us John Monie and gave us Andy Goodway. Norbury got out because he hadn't a clue and in waddled the Fat Controller.
GET OUT LINDSAY. YOU AREN'T EVEN A JOKE. IF YOU WERE WE COULD LAUGH!
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
willie c

Post by willie c »

Likely_Lad posted:
I spoke to a current player earlier this afternoon and he told me the news, if I'm honest he didn't seem to care either way, didn't reveal anything about a replacement or anything either.
if the players didnt get on with millward they should have least had the balls to stand up and say so after all it is a mans game and should be man enough to speak up instead of just takeing there money and ripping the supporters off
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra