WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP FOR MONDAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP...

Post by waterside glens »

dallas didn,t knock on ,he was facing as own goal line so the ball couldn,t go forward
robjoenz

Re: WHICH 3 WOULD YOU DROP FOR...

Post by robjoenz »

7 Dennis Moran

29 Chris Ashton
3 Pat Richards
24 Darrell Goulding
5 Brett Dallas

6 Danny Orr
9 Mickey Higham

16 Bryn Hargreaves
18 Wayne Godwin
10 Iafeta Paleaaesina

32 Oliver Wilkes
31 Tim Jonkers
13 Sean O'Loughlin

Subs:
14 Kevin Brown
17 Jerry Seuseu
15 Danny Tickle
33 Eamon O'Carroll

Drop:
25 Sean Gleeson
34 Jordan James
22 Joel Tomkins

I don't think Orr and Moran play well together, both require a leader to direct play. I think Higham is capable of this so I'd put Moran at fullback again.

I'd pair Richards with Ashton on one wing. I know a lot of people are saying Richards isn't a centre but I'm not sure how we can tell when he struggles to keep hold of the ball.

One the opposite side I'd go with Dallas and Goulding. Again, experience with youth. Goulding looks brilliant, I like to see him scoot from dummy half.

I'd drop James (not good enough), Gleeson (experience) and Tomkins (experience). I think Wilkes has some talent, he just needs to be trained up and learn not to smack people. I'd also go with two props on the bench to provide a bit more power in our already understrengthed forwards.
Kat

Post by Kat »

My team would be...

1. Chris Ashton
2. Pat Richards
3. Darryl Goulding
4. Kevin Brown
5. Brett Dallas
6. Danny Orr
7. Micky Higham (has got to be better than Moran!!!)
8. Feka Paleaaesina
9. Godwin
10. Seu Seu
11. Jordan James
12. Danny Tickle
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Bryn Hargreaves
15. Joel Tomkins
16. Oliver Wilkes
17. Tim Jonkers
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Kat posted:
7. Micky Higham (has got to be better than Moran!!!)
What has Moran done that is so wrong? He's one of those working hard.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Folks, trust me on this, if you think Goulding is decent now, wait until you see him at left centre.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Working hard at what? Those intercept passes, the fantastic kicks into players' ankles, and all those missed tackles?
mackie

Post by mackie »

i see a number of you have listed richards on the wing, i find this interesting as i was lucky enough to be at last years nrl grand final in sydney and felt he had a good game. i feel wing is his natural position and he is being some what wasted in the centers. one other thing i would possibly do is play higham at 9 and godwin at 7 as i feel godwins distribution is slightly better than highams.
i am wigan till i die i know i am i'm sure i am i'm wigan till i die
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mackie posted:
i see a number of you have listed richards on the wing, i find this interesting as i was lucky enough to be at last years nrl grand final in sydney and felt he had a good game. i feel wing is his natural position and he is being some what wasted in the centers. one other thing i would possibly do is play higham at 9 and godwin at 7 as i feel godwins distribution is slightly better than highams.
Yep, problem is we've got 3 wingers (when Calderwood is fit) and no centres, so one of them has to fill in, and he seems the best choice.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thats why I think we should use Calderwoods injury to give him a chance on the wing. He could get some confidence too. I'm going to make a call here that many may scoff at but how about when all 3 are fit, Dallas in the centre? The other two will be our wings next year (all things being well) and I'd like to see those 2 and Ashton given as much time to form a back 3 as possible and I just think yes he's small but who hits the ball harder, who tackle with as much ferocity as Brett Dallas. Dean Bell was no giant.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=1957

wigans 18. Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Gleeson, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, James, Jonkers, Moran, O'Carroll, O'Loughlin, Orr, Richards, Wilkes, Paleaaesina, Tickle.