GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FROM TODAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FR...

Post by thegimble »

Its apparent that players no longer just have no confidence others but none in themselves. Orr, Higham, Wagga, Feka and Dallas played decently well.

The rest need a long hard lookt at themselves. We lost that match in the first quarter and yet playing that badly and that the worst performance ive ever seen by a Wigan side we kept the scorr respectable. It could have been a lot worst.

Richards needs to learn that if you tackle the legs the man will go down.

Moran is not a full back

Lockers is no captain

Tickle needs to watch a video of himself last season

Wilkes Crap full stop.
woz9

Post by woz9 »

I nearly blew a gasket shouting at Moran, Lokers is no captain i agree, but what a talent and he is a great tackler (when he keeps it below the neck :)) Wilkes hasnt done too much wrong for me and Tickle didnt turn up for the game for me, he had something bothering him.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

woz9 posted:
I nearly blew a gasket shouting at Moran, Lokers is no captain i agree, but what a talent and he is a great tackler (when he keeps it below the neck :)) Wilkes hasnt done too much wrong for me and Tickle didnt turn up for the game for me, he had something bothering him.
Did i get Wilkes confused with Yonkers then.
woz9

Post by woz9 »

Maybe :)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

woz9 posted:
Maybe :)
Think i did.

as for Lockers he is suffering with the captaincy. Give it to Fletcher and let Lockers play without the added pressure.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I think Wilkes did ok runs his weight which is better than all but 1 person in our pack (Feka).

Dire just dire.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well I've been putting my coaches hat on and spouting hat I want to see but it's Ashton fullback, Dallas, Gleeson, Goulding, Richards (lets pair these youngsters with experienced professionals) The halfbacks are up in the air. I still lean towards Orr / Moran (One thing about Moran, in the defensive line hes a great tackler which is another reason why he should not be fullback). I have been thinking since today of starting with O'Loughlin at 6 and Orr at 7 in order to get Godwin on at the start probably at loose. I really would like to see O'Carrol kept going and if he gets the chance Kavanagh has a lot going for him in the 21s as does Kay. Jonkers looks slow and bounces out of tackles. James and Wilkes are okay for short spells.
willie c

Re: GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FROM T...

Post by willie c »

FROM A TO B posted:
1. It didn't rain
2. Odds at bookies were cack, so I saved a fiver there.
3. Sold out of programmes so saved another 2.50

apart from that, sod all.
got a sausage sarnie in the south stand bar before the game got to be better for me than a pie :lol:
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
taskmaster

Re: GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FROM T...

Post by taskmaster »

final hooter never thought i would be saying this
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

woz9 posted:
Lokers is no captain i agree, but what a talent and he is a great tackler (when he keeps it below the neck :))
Surely you cannot be serious after his efforts today
:conf:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.