WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alex the Warrior

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. N...

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Best of luck Brian. You need it and deserve it after joining us.

Save us this season and then give the man time to build this club back up. By saving us, he would deserve the time to do it. Note to Maurice Lindsay - this will not happen overnight. Be grateful that someone is putting a big reputation on the line to pull your nuts out of the fire.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Most important note to Mo

Do nothing as regards playing affairs unless Nobby tells you to. He reuns the club as regards playing, he has the expertise. You listen and carry out his instructions to the letter.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Most important note to Mo

Do nothing as regards playing affairs unless Nobby tells you to. He reuns the club as regards playing, he has the expertise. You listen and carry out his instructions to the letter.
Mo interfering with team affairs is a complete myth. Frank Endacott was on the Radio Manc RL hour last week and said Mo never interfered with his running of the team. Raper said likewise when he left and Monie said the same in his book.

The big change when Millward arrived is that Mo abdicated signing players to the coach which is why we ended up with the Newton/Higham thing but he has never interfered with the day to day running of the team despite what people would like to believe as witnessed by statements from former coaches.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dave, I cannot argue with that statement but why then did Millward insist on control of signings and in nearly every Noble article there are comments regarding him seekingassurances as regards inteference??
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Welcome, Nobby!
I think the length of contract is fairly irrelevant, given how many Wigan coaches actually see out their contract - Millward was "given" 3 years

He's supposed to be a good "man-manager" and motivator...the first thing too see is if he can get all our underperformers playing to their potential now. If not, he has to have the courage to drop them, or even let them go.
It remains to be seen whether he gets any of his Bulls players to follow him here, but if he can get the likes of Richards, DV, Calderwood, Orr, Moran playing like they did for their previous clubs, I'll be delighted.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Dave, I cannot argue with that statement but why then did Millward insist on control of signings and in nearly every Noble article there are comments regarding him seekingassurances as regards inteference??
I think it is simply because not only do places like this repeat the myth of Mo interfering with team affiars but that it has started to get said in the media as well.

I think Mo realises the feelings out here about this subject and is reacting.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Leyther Pie posted:

Stevo saying a bad move for him but what does he know?
well actually stevo did say a few weeks ago that he is a bald old git, so he must know something!

welcome to wigan mr.noble. im delighted. wigan warriors on the up!!!!!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Doug Stand posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
According to the BBC his contract is "until 2008". Does that mean just the rest of this season and all of next? If so, it's a bad deal unless we also announce the appointment of an assistant soon to evolve under him.

Any new players coming?
I agree 18 months is a bad deal. To be honest though, I'm not expecting much from this. I doubt any coach can save us and if we are relegated then we will see Nobby disappear to Aus come the end of the year. Why would he want to spoil such a promising coaching career by arsing about in NL1.

Can't see any new players coming with him with the possible excepetion of a straight swap Higham for Newton.

I'm sure Deacon would love to join Wigan but not in it;s current mess and plus Bradford just wouldn't release him.

Nobby... God Bless you, you crazy fool.

I think you are both worrying too much. I would think a contract 'to 2008' mens until the end of Season 2008 so thats this season and the next 2 as well. :)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I concur with Ian about 2008

Most important he has to get us out of the present mess
cherrynwhite4eva

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE...

Post by cherrynwhite4eva »

So pleased the drama is now over ! :D. Brian Noble is the new head coach of our great and legendary club i hope Wigan enjoy the great times again. I also hope we never see such a terrible performance that we witnessed on Bank holiday monday.

Good luck Brian !!