paul johnson anyone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cruncher

Re: paul johnson anyone?

Post by Cruncher »

ancientnloyal posted:
Do we even need new players mid-way through the season? Im happy at what we've got, the team just needed that confidence and leadership. We may perhaps have the 3rd/4th best squad in SL at the moment on paper.
I'd still snap up Johnson if he was available and interested. We've got a gap in the centres that needs plugging.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal posted:
Do we even need new players mid-way through the season? Im happy at what we've got, the team just needed that confidence and leadership. We may perhaps have the 3rd/4th best squad in SL at the moment on paper.
I think we should sign two utility players.one that can cover most forward positions and one that can cover wing/centre/2nd row/lock.just to strengthen any gaps that may appeer as the season progresses and to give added strength of the bench :eusa16:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ancientnloyal posted:
explain why we are 12th then :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

medlocke posted:
quote]I think we should sign two utility players.one that can cover most forward positions and one that can cover wing/centre/2nd row/lock.just to strengthen any gaps that may appeer as the season progresses and to give added strength of the bench :eusa16:
We cant just get a Sam Panapa from nowhere, these sort of players are hard to find, and if we did sign one that wasnt good enough we would be the first ones slagging them... do you have any players in mind?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

HindleyGreen28 posted:
medlocke posted:
quote]I think we should sign two utility players.one that can cover most forward positions and one that can cover wing/centre/2nd row/lock.just to strengthen any gaps that may appeer as the season progresses and to give added strength of the bench :eusa16:
We cant just get a Sam Panapa from nowhere, these sort of players are hard to find, and if we did sign one that wasnt good enough we would be the first ones slagging them... do you have any players in mind?
i Guess you are right any player that did not live up to expectations will get a good slagging off, Johnson would fit the bill nicely i think, he wasnt that bad as a centre and he is performing quite well in the forwards, personaly i wouldnt mind seeing the return of mick cassidy if only till the end of the season, i'm sure there is one or two players who are playing in NL 1 with enough superleague experience to do us a decent job till the end of the season, as i do not think we will be getting any big name signings until next term
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Lets face it McAvoy will go straigh into the centres at the mo, Johnson on the other side. This would be a big improvement

No cassidy return, or Terry OC sadly their time has past

Bring on the CODHEADS!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MarkWestStand posted:
Lets face it McAvoy will go straigh into the centres at the mo, Johnson on the other side. This would be a big improvement
Except that with Dallas and Calderwood both out, it seems he's destined for the wing.
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Thought it had been announced Calders was fit to play??
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

ancientnloyal posted;
Do we even need new players mid-way through the season? Im happy at what we've got,
I cannot beieve a post like tis WE ARE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE!

Remember that BEFORE the injury crisis we still losing.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

medlocke posted;

personaly i wouldnt mind seeing the return of mick cassidy
Give me a break!
i'm sure there is one or two players who are playing in NL 1 with enough superleague experience to do us a decent job
No there are not that is why they are in the NL. We've signed enough no-hopers and chancers from there lately.