ASHTON!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: ASHTON!

Post by waterside glens »

i,ll comment if i want mate we,re all allowed an opinion on here
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

reds fan posted:
And you are ????? So u admit u weren't there, so don't comment on something u havn't even seen. Cause radio commentators always give an accurate account of whats happening on the field don't they. Not!!!
There are quite a few fans who live along way from Wigan who can't make every game who contribute on here. They are entitled to their opinion.

Don't forget, this is a Wigan forum and and it isn't rlfans if you know what that is. We don't mind a bit of ribbing but saying one of our number can't express their opinion based on the radio commentary given they live where they do is out of order.

If he had posted his opinions without qualifying it was based on a radio commentary then you might have a point but you don't so don't start getting uppity about it or you won't last long.

Dave

Dawber

Post by Dawber »

reds fan posted:
And you are ????? So u admit u weren't there, so don't comment on something u havn't even seen. Cause radio commentators always give an accurate account of whats happening on the field don't they. Not!!!
People that can't make the game for what ever reason tend to listen on the radio / watch on tv, Then come on to this forum and read the threads from people that have been to the game, They put the two versions together wich in my opinion gives them just as much right to comment on the events as you or i,
And to tell a regular poster on here not to make any comments? You have funny way of asking to be banned, Have a good day.
Champions

Post by Champions »

reds fan posted:
I'm actually talking to a workmate, who's a wigan fan. And who also tonight stood like me in the pissing down rain all night supporting our respective teams. I think he will back me up here, when I say ' If you watched the match on the radio we ain't interested in your views. It sounded like this, it sounded like that.... If you ain't gonna turn up don't gripe.
Must have a fancy radio :D
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

have you not seen them, they are brand new from japan, only available from backs of lorries in pub car parks.

It doesn't have speakers, it has matchstick men inside re-enacting what the commentators say
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Is he all right? He looked as if he could barely stand up. He looked as if he was spitting out blood and all sorts. I would say it looks like he's got a nasty head injury.
According to Noble in the WEP, he's going to be OK, but Godwin & Hargreaves may be out.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

hope godwin makes it so we can play higham at 7
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
turf posted:
Is he all right? He looked as if he could barely stand up. He looked as if he was spitting out blood and all sorts. I would say it looks like he's got a nasty head injury.
According to Noble in the WEP, he's going to be OK, but Godwin & Hargreaves may be out.
Hargreaves is no loss. Surely Wilkes and even James have more go forward than him? God, what am I saying? It is bad when you get to the stage where ex - Whitehaven and Swinton players are the solution! :(
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sorrry mate every1 from our team ran at the ref a mass brawl neally started they all new it was so hihgh i dont think u went to the match :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
turf

Post by turf »

I agree, it was a dangerous tackle, and Bentham should have put it on report. I also agree with what someone stood behind me said to me last night, which was, "If he (referee Bentham)carries on like this, he's going to cause a riot". He nearly did to.

According to someone who was nearer the incident than I was, said that Ashton swallowed his tongue, and that's why the trainer was taking so long to treat him, and get Ashton back to his feet.