dennis moran is great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: dennis moran is great

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im sorry dave but you dont have to have seen them play at that time to rate someone. I know a lot of the younger members of this board have watched many DVD's and VID's on wigan and have just as much right to rate a player as anyone else regardless of age.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
beleive me after doing something nearly every week from the age of less than a week old, it tends to stick in your mind. as does having a dad and 2 older brothers who are devoted to rugby.

attending all the games with them was great and it helped me to acumulate rugby knowledge at a young age.

sadly my dad is no longer here, and my brothers seem to have drifted from rugby somewhat.

but me and my two nephews who both post on here carry it on. although them more than me these days.

as said before theres no need to get personal daveyboy. so lay off.
I'm not geting personal just staing the obvious. That the opinion of a star struck 8 year old doesn't carry much weight.

Your opinion on the merits of say Burrows would be far more informatve as you would of be of an age old enough to make serious comment.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

What the hell are the latics idiots coming on here for anyway? As if i did'nt know, Just ignore them bad guy and they will soon go away.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
whos the latics idiots?

is bluey one? the name was a bit suspect

There is no point knocking when there is no-one at home :eh: :wink:
Wigan_forever1985

I'm not geting personal just staing the obvious. That the opinion of a star struck 8 year old doesn't carry much weight.
he's not 8 anymore though? and like i said before you dont have to have seen the player live (which bad guy has) to rate him as a player. Otherwise how can anyone call anyone from the 1900-1920 period a good player because im pretty sure that anyone who saw those players play isn't around, but we can still comment because if you know your history it matters not how old you are. -phsyco- is 15 i think i heard him say once and he is one of the most imformative people on here on past or present issues, i hate this idea of just because you were around at that time you know more about something its a load of rubbish!. Age is irrespective of interest and younger members can know just as much as the older members and everybodies opinion on here if they are a fan carries as much weight as anybody elses!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

yeah i think he was replace by peters for the 98 season, he actually fell out with the coach at the time because he wasn't allowed to take a training day off to see his kid which is why he left.
Wigan_forever1985

Something to do with moran i think :lol:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Flash posted;
Plenty old enough after watching a player for over a decade to make a judgement on his ability I would have thought.
From 0-10 years old is old enough to make an informed opinion.

For half this time he was sucking a bottle and filling a nappy. The other half probably mithering his parents for the latest shirt, programme, fizzy drink, burger etc.as all youngsters do!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Flash posted;
Plenty old enough after watching a player for over a decade to make a judgement on his ability I would have thought.
From 0-10 years old is old enough to make an informed opinion.

For half this time he was sucking a bottle and filling a nappy. The other half probably mithering his parents for the latest shirt, programme, fizzy drink, burger etc.as all youngsters do!
:lol:
Wigan_forever1985

:lol: