Car Park Stewards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Car Park Stewards

Post by DaveO »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
however please be lenient when berrating them on the boards as they have one of the hardest jobs on matchdays having to deal with a large number of fans, a lot of whom give them abuse over the parking issues.
I think the OP has every right to berrate the stewards on the evidence of his post. If that is what happened (and I don't mean the conclusion the stewards let the tires down but the abuse) then there is no defence for the stewards.

I park in the car park after the bridge over the canal and it is only this season stewards have started directing traffic where to park.

I don't see a need for this as there is usually plenty of room and some of ther directions are a bit weird to say the least. I take my Dad who is 80 years old to games so we like to park as close to the exit of the car park toward the ground as possible but when you have stewards directng to park directly opposite the canal this is not possible.
this will wind them up as theyare only human. and as far as the tyre letting down, there was plenty of little saints fans running around as well as little wiganers please bear this in mind whilst accusing someone who was only doing their job.
The accusation clearly can't be backed up but if you were not involved as a steward yourself I am sure you would put two and two together and reach the same conclusion.

Dave
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

As I posted in the original post, I have no proof that it was the stewards who deflated the tyres on my car. It just seemed very coincedental that I was the fan who was abused by a steward, even though the steward had no idea what I had been saying to the original steward and also that my car was singled out amongst all the other cars on the car park with the so called stewards supposedly on duty. It just seems too far fetched to be coincidence, but, like I said, I have no proof.

As I said in my post a few minutes ago I have sent emails and letters to various people and I have suppled an email address in case anybody else has a grievance they wish to raise with the stewarding company.

bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Good luck in getting any joy out of the club Sutty. I wrote to the safety officer at the start of the season to complain about this silly rule of not being allowed to use the front walkways and the attitude of the stewards when we questioned this. I was told in no uncertain terms just to mind my own business. That's good public relations for you, isn't it? The attitude of the club as a whole towards the fans this season has been poor to say the least. We seem to be second class citizens to the wants and needs of the football, and no I'm not having a go at latics or their fans. I'm not a football fan, but I'm pleased for them that they are doing so well. But they are separate from us, yet their needs dictate the way we run our club.
We keep hearing in the press how impressed the club has been with the fans loyalty this season, so how about the club treating us with a bit more respect then?
Rant over, sorry.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

in reply to ''biker harry'' what have LATICS got to do with this topic?i am afraid you are becoming paranoid in your postings and think before using your finger. :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
in reply to ''biker harry'' what have LATICS got to do with this topic?i am afraid you are becoming paranoid in your postings and think before using your finger. :D
The front row was taken out of use so that some additional advertising hoardings could be erected, as per Premier League rules. Had the Latics not been in that league the change would probably have never occurred and people would have been able to continue to use the front row to meet friends, as they had done for the previous 5 years.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Its Ok for me i walk it to ince :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Paul Farny

Post by Paul Farny »

cpwigan posted:
Farnwrth is the ring leader of the South Stand idiots. He is the guy who generally gets thrown out at away matches. Hull springs to mind.
Sorry to interupt your little discussion mister , but the only time i got thrown out was at hull and that was because the lads in the corner were throwing coins and one hit me. I caused a fuss and got threw out.I since have attended every home match and every away match except catalan dragons away and haven't been thrown out once. I dont generally get thrown out, i like to go to the match , sing a few songs then go home. Until you see me being thrown out again i would appreciate it if you would keep your views on me to yourself.
R I P Penhead

Put on his wigan shirt , an he
walked into town
Sat down in a wigan rugby pub
at knocked his pint right down
Oh sean pennington, won't you look down over me
Yeah hes got a season ticket
An hes as true as a boy can be

Well hes walking in wigan
Walking with his famous cherry and white ,
Walking in Wigan
And we know hes gonna be all right.

bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Thanks Fraggle. Actually Old Timer, I have been told by the club that the reason the front walkways were taken out of use at half time and on exiting the ground at full time is a direct result of a couple of incidents that happened during Latics matches. Like I said, I have no gripe against the latics or their fans, I just don't see why we're treated as one and the same by the club? So perhaps I did use some thought before I posted and not just paranoid.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

bikerharry posted:
Thanks Fraggle. Actually Old Timer, I have been told by the club that the reason the front walkways were taken out of use at half time and on exiting the ground at full time is a direct result of a couple of incidents that happened during Latics matches. Like I said, I have no gripe against the latics or their fans, I just don't see why we're treated as one and the same by the club? So perhaps I did use some thought before I posted and not just paranoid.
I would have thought it makes sense for there to be as many common rules as possible, makes them easier to implement leading to less confusion for both stewards and spectators.

I really don't understand the complaints at barriering off the front row though. There is plenty of room to meet friends in the concourse area and it doesn't make life that much more difficult when looking for seats, I've never needed to walk to the front of a packed Huddersfield away stand or Widnes away stand in order to spot seats. I suspect it is more a feeling of having a priviledge removed. What inconvinience does it really cause though?

One thing that could have been better was relocating those that sat in Row A (Row A to B for example). Why didn't they just move every row back one?
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I blame Maurice and Whelan for hiring over the hill stewards at the end of their career who are just going through the motions, instead of letting young talent from the area come through