kevin brown!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: kevin brown!

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Matthew posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
he was thrown in during an injury crisis at 18 and has been expected to a world beater striaght away he is still only 21 and hasn't been brought on as he should have been. he has not been the only player not playing well this season so why make one man a scapegoat.
If you compare Brown to Maguire you see why everyone is so disappointed. Maguire played for GB on Tuesday and scored. The same coach does not even consider Brown good enough for a bench spot at club level.

Maybe the trip to Huddersfield will make him realise that if he wants to be the star that everyone said he would be at 18 then he needs to work on the basics and cut out the suicide rugby that has been mentioned else where in this thread.
where did she compare him to McGuire?

Maybe the trip to huddersfield will show him how much better off he is away from wigan where the people are fickle, and turn against you when your game drops
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

sudokuwarrior posted:
DaveO posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
brown just the latest scapegoat. he hasn't lost us all the matches this season he hasn't played in them
Looks straight ahead and passes the ball into touch without looking where he passes it.

He simply has not got the RL brain to be a stand off and nor the size to be a centre as players just walk all over him in that position.
if he didn't have an rl brain why would he be at a superleague club.
That remains a mystery to me. He jsut has not lived up tto the hype after his debut season. Simple as that. Don't try and argue he has because he simply has not delivered the goods and has run out of excuses.

The loan to Hudds is make or break time for Bown in my opinion. He will either shake off the poor form and be welcomed back to Wigan next season or he will continue as he has been doing and won't feature in Nobby's plans.

Brown has had 72 games to live up to the hype and now he has another, different chance prove himself.

If he has anything about him as a player he ought to be busting a gut for Hudds to prove the likes of me wrong.

Well lets see how he goes there but if he fails again it will definately be time to get rid. He is a 20/20 player and we will need the slot for better then him if he can't improve.
as for not looking and passing straight into touch take a look at how many other players have cost us tries this season doing exactly the same.
All players make mistakes but the ones I refer to are etched on my brain due to the circumstances he made these errors in. The one where he went for glory on his own line on the last tackle letting the opposition in for a try was to me a clear indication he does not think about the game enough.

Dave
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

DaveO posted:
All players make mistakes but the ones I refer to are etched on my brain due to the circumstances he made these errors in. The one where he went for glory on his own line on the last tackle letting the opposition in for a try was to me a clear indication he does not think about the game enough.
it comes to something when all people remember are the mistakes of others, some matches were won because of kevin brown, Saints vs Wigan when robbo scored a hat-trick, if kev hadn't scored his 2 and his quick passes to others, we would have lost,

and like sudoku warrior said, if he didn't have a rugby brain, he wouldn't have been scouted in the first place.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

KB has never looked good enough and this has proved to be the case. Similar with Aspy, Wilde et al. He has not been on his own and if a successful team is to be built more will have to leave.

But Dave C'ON!

Lising his errors is pathetic!

If no-one made a mistake there would never be any scores. As for going for glory - so what? Players make heroes or villians when this happens and is part of the richness and diversity of the game.

Ask Gary Schoefield!

Suppose he had no rugby brain either.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
DaveO posted:
it comes to something when all people remember are the mistakes of others,
Well personlly I like to be able to back up my srguments.

I could just say Kevin Briwn is rubbish but that is about as credible as sudoko's stance that he is a great player.

Having watched Brown come up with absolute howlers he is the one player in the side I expect to make a mess of things. This is because I have seen him come up with the errors I list.

Granted Moran went the same way this season prior to his departure but with Brown the nature of his past errors were extraordinay in my opinion.
some matches were won because of kevin brown, Saints vs Wigan when robbo scored a hat-trick, if kev hadn't scored his 2 and his quick passes to others, we would have lost,
And he has been living of that one game ever since. He has cost us more games than he has won that is for certain. Remember Wire away last season?

He was a complete turnstyle in defence.
and like sudoku warrior said, if he didn't have a rugby brain, he wouldn't have been scouted in the first place.
What the pair of you are failing to grasp is that just because someone looks good as a junior it does not mean they will make it in the big league.

Brown being a prime example of this at the moment in my opinion.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:

But Dave C'ON!

To plagiarise the M&S food adverts.

"There are errors and there are Kevin Brown errors".

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
Matthew posted:
If you compare Brown to Maguire you see why everyone is so disappointed.
where did she compare him to McGuire?
She didn't - I did, hence "if you compare Brown to Maguire". I am suggesting that Brown should be compared to Maguire for comparison in response to her point that he is only a young player. Maguire and Brown are both young players that showed promise and want to play stand off.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Ask Gary Schoefield!

Suppose he had no rugby brain either.
Based on the utter tripe he writes in the newspapers every week, the rugby brain that Mr Schofield once possessed has long since disappeared. These days he's only slightly more credible than Graham "The Penguin" Bradley, who used to post entertaining but utterly laughable nonsense on another RL website a couple of years ago. Both come across as rather bitter old men these days who seem incapable of saying anything positive or constructive about clubs and individuals who have upset them in the past.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Millward was the one who said he could be challenging Mcguire for the GB shirt and put all the pressure on him and emphasises my earlier point about heaping to much pressure on a youngster too soon. He was playing for Wigan and not very often at stand off, plus only playing a handful of games a loan move to Huddersfield will give the chance of more first team action alongside an experienced Robbie Paul and we can judge him after playing a run of games, rather than critisise him for one off games when we have an injury crisis.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

But Dave C'ON!

To plagiarise the M&S food adverts.

"There are errors and there are Kevin Brown errors".

Dave
Well Dave You have had 3 bites at this and you are way over the top. Listing 2 mistakes is indeed pathetic and smacks of a personal dislike. You actually blamed him for letting in a try after he conceded a scrum. What did he do next, miss all 6 tackles? Pathetic.

Where did you get the stat that he has had 72 chances? Were these all starting or are you including subs appearances? How many has he had in any settled position?

If he has had 72 chances, how many has Danny Orr had? He should be loaned out IMO. He's on over double Brown's salary.

I will keep a keen eye on this one. I truly hope it comes back to bite you in the arse.