Football fans @ Quins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: Football fans @ Quins

Post by waterside glens »

freedom of choice mate. i couldn,t wait for the wigan game to start after watching that borefest but i don,t care who watched what
superleague

Post by superleague »

Flash posted:
for the first time in 40 years we honestly had the team to win it
Ha ha ha ha pssssss....

Sorry just p*ssed myself laughing!
:lol:
same here pi***ng my sides laughing :lol:
#1 warrior princess

Post by #1 warrior princess »

I completely agree - what's the point in spending all that money and then staying in the bar to watch the footy????

I thought us Wigan fans were better than that - it looks like some of us aren't!

However the ones who didn't stay in the bar - should be very proud of ourselves. We sang our hearts out for the lads.

The video ref needs glasses, as what the hell is benefit of the doubt? - the ball is either over the line or not!!!

I think about 80% of that attendance were warriors fans.
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

It was funny seeing them wigan fans pouring out to see the rugby after boring england lost again, stick to the rugby league people. As for the moaners going on about we can watch our national team why not stay at home or in a pub with your england tops on. Wigans game was fantastic, better than a 0-0 draw. We are staying up say we are staying up...plus got in for a fiver, sweet! :lol:
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

First of all well done Wigan! We needed that! secondly unlucky England! Im not a football fan but was disappointed that England was knocked out, and yes as soon as the rugby started I turned over to watch Wigan! My choice! Football is a huge part of peoples life as is Rugby so I can see the reason so many went to watch the penalty shootout! also I can see the how Wigan fans are so irate, because our players are playing for superleague survival and really need our support!! But falling out over it is also pointless, it was as it turned out a one-off situation, lets put it behind us and get on with supporting the Warriors!!!! :) :)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I also turned over once the rugby started but did turn back to watch the penalty shoot out. At least those in the stadium made the effort to go, unlike me, so i don't think we can be to hard on them. It was a one off situation.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
how empty must your life be if you laugh at other peoples misfortunes and that "makes your day"
Personally, I was splitting my sides when the "Socceroos" got knocked out - ha, ha, ha ha ha .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess my life is empty.

PS Fraggle did I see you at Old Trafford in the cricket?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
Not unless they moved my office there without me knowing, I was sat in work with several web sessions open with different score updates! I've not seen the outside world for days, although I did "celebrate" the Portugal victory with a meal in Nando's last night, no England footy fans there at all for some reason...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Mike posted:
Not unless they moved my office there without me knowing, I was sat in work with several web sessions open with different score updates! I've not seen the outside world for days, although I did "celebrate" the Portugal victory with a meal in Nando's last night, no England footy fans there at all for some reason...
Yep! Can get served and have a quiet drink in my locals without the all-pervasive big screens and rowdy fans who only come out of the woodwork every 4 years.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ancientnloyal posted:
Just woke up, after returning from London and the first thing i'd like to stress about is the football's influence on the match.

I know many of you didnt travel to London so probably wont know what Im on about but...

When it went to penalties in the Portugal v England match, at least 200 supporters, many Wigan fans left the match to walk half way around the stadium to watch the shoot-out in the players bar. What an absolute disgrace!!!! what the hell does this say about rugby league?? and Wigan! The most important game of our season so far (need points dont we) and you all walk off to watch some people kick a ball and miss. You missed a good try and points, a good match in the 10 minutes you were away.

The best thing at least was when england got kncked out, you all streamed back into the North stand to the BOOS and JEERS by the "LOYAL SUPPORTERS"... If you are in London to watch Wigan, watch wigan... dont make an embarrasement of yourselves and rugby league by turning your back and watching a rival viewing sport. I dont know what this was like on television, if eddie and stevo brought it up but... Wigan needs the support.

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters!
To be fair to those that did watch the conclusion of the England match in the bar, they did travel 200 odd miles across the country to see Wigan. This makes them more loyal supporters than those that stayed at home doesn't it?

(Incidently I didn't watch the footy, I was in the Wigan end watching the rugby)