David Vaealiki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: David Vaealiki

Post by Mike »

He was MOTM against Leeds at the end of last season. If he keeps that up he'll do alright next year! :eusa10: I hope :eusa10:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

thegimble posted:
Martin Taylor posted:
thegimble posted: Seems no clubs are interested in 2 decent players when you look at there playing careers as a whole.

Therefore it another rumor from RFLfans that the media have got hold of.

Richards i think is a good player, DV has been a disapointment but on his last few games seemed ok and if he gets a decent run and is injury free then he can be just about the best centre in SL. Then again if he carries on playing like he did for most of the time here we need rid.
Richards is a decent player but Vialeki is not! For nearly three seasons now he has looked terrible, and i still say this, without Orr to cover his arse in defence next year, he will be exposed so badly, not even Leigh would want him as a water boy!
Funny thing you mentioned Orr most wanted him gone and yet when he left most wanted him to stay.

DV has the potential to be a great player. Problem is he has been injured too long and that might have taken a toll.
I never wanted Orr gone. I think throughout his career at Wigan he always defended well, it was just he seemed to reach his full potential in attack early on! Vialeki is both bad in attack and defense! He has slowed down to nearly a standstill. Orr delivered some great performances this season, so i felt had justified his place in the team for next year! Vialeki at best has been ordinary, and at his worst, totally garbage! How many chances do you want to give a man, who is causing us to miss out on good players to sign, and forcing the club to release good academy talent, due to the massive salary hi is on! No more chances, time to get shut!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Martin Taylor posted:
thegimble posted:
Martin Taylor posted: Richards is a decent player but Vialeki is not! For nearly three seasons now he has looked terrible, and i still say this, without Orr to cover his arse in defence next year, he will be exposed so badly, not even Leigh would want him as a water boy!
Funny thing you mentioned Orr most wanted him gone and yet when he left most wanted him to stay.

DV has the potential to be a great player. Problem is he has been injured too long and that might have taken a toll.
I never wanted Orr gone. I think throughout his career at Wigan he always defended well, it was just he seemed to reach his full potential in attack early on! Vialeki is both bad in attack and defense! He has slowed down to nearly a standstill. Orr delivered some great performances this season, so i felt had justified his place in the team for next year! Vialeki at best has been ordinary, and at his worst, totally garbage! How many chances do you want to give a man, who is causing us to miss out on good players to sign, and forcing the club to release good academy talent, due to the massive salary hi is on! No more chances, time to get shut!!!
Sounds more like Orr again.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

thegimble posted:
Martin Taylor posted:
thegimble posted: Funny thing you mentioned Orr most wanted him gone and yet when he left most wanted him to stay.

Sounds more like Orr again.
Yeah, just like Orr!!! :with:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

A highlight reel of DV would be a looped clip of him smacking sculthorpe on the ground...

By far the most over-paid under-performing waste of salary cap space in any team in the modern game :(
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Matthew posted:
A highlight reel of DV would be a looped clip of him smacking sculthorpe on the ground...

By far the most over-paid under-performing waste of salary cap space in any team in the modern game :(
:eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My assessment of the situation. Surely most clubs have their 2007 roster sorted already, particularly the 20/25 is going anywhere. That being the case, nobody who remains and is part of our 20/25. So Richards and DV are here to stay.

So who the .. are we signing?

It's meant to be the promoted club that has difficulty signing players. :blush: :conf:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

id like to know how much barret, fielden and vaealiki are on if we're having this much trouble with the cap and we've let plenty players go and only signed 2
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At a guess Fielden is £200,000 to £250,000 Barrett £150,000 to £200,000
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

wot a week?
you have to be joking
To be the best
you have to beat the best