Barrett’s Injuries (Plural)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
consigliere

Re: Barrett’s Injuries (...

Post by consigliere »

I agree Dave, But I have seen players say they are not fit, that they need another week, I have seen a coach agree to it. then i have seen that coaches reaction when he has been told that he must play that player as he is on a lot of money and people want to see him...

Please note i said i have seen it. Not that i think, or that its second or third hand info, i have seen it happen. And to be fair to people involved i can partly understand the pressure they are under.

But whilst I understand they are in a pressured situation and having to make difficult choices i still feel the logic is flawed. I wouold prefer to rest a player for a short time than lose his services for a lot longer. Its not as if we are risking someone in a final is it?

I am NOT saying thats what is happening here as that would be a guess but i AM saying it all looks very similar.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Barrett injuries get worse.

(confirmed)

News in that Barrett will be struggling to play in the next match. After the advice from the backroom staff that Barrett needed rest, Noble has chosen to play him in every game, the backroom staff have had very serious worries over Barrett all week, but the advice fell on deaf ears. It is not clear if pressure from above was a factor but the blame will be put on Nobles shoulders from the boardroom. Noble has been quoted as saying he wants him ready for the next game with the backroom staff saying he will not be ready and needs rest.

(official)

A veil has been put over Barrett’s injuries with a warning to all parties to keep tight lipped and repercussions if anyone steps out of line speaking to the press.

The mystery continues!

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

(unconfirmed)
Received phone call as I write. I can’t remember the injury in full but talk is that Barrett has the same injury as Dean Bell had many years ago. If so he could be out for a number of weeks, but this has not been confirmed

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Any good news?

Even wild rumours are acceptable at this stage.
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

consigliere posted:

We need to give the guy a chance to recover now rather than constantly hoping it doesn't get anny worse.
Yes, playing with niggling injuries will surely just aggravate them. Get him out of the team and onto the treatment table till he is fully fit. It must be better for player and team in the long run this way.... if NOT for the board :mad:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Our next 3 games are HKR, Quins & Salford - if we can't win those, even without Barrett, we don't deserve to be considered for a top 6 spot. Rest him for those 3, and see how he's going after that.