'Attack on East Stand Drummers' (Binders)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
louis0071

Re: 'Attack on East Stand ...

Post by louis0071 »

ii if i bring it :D
wigan till i die
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

come on lad :lol:
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

You keep bangin that drum lad and we'll keep clapping and chanting along with you. We can't expect passion on the field if we can't be passionate in the stands...Make some noise :eusa3:
Salford showed us how to do that on saturday.
WIGAN TILL I DIE
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

east side drummers rule.....I sit about 10 rows down over the HW line and last week you did a cracking job keeping us going ........ always wanted to know who the guy was that always starts off a WIGAN ? You know who you are ( some times sings it on your own ) :D
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
east side drummers rule.....I sit about 10 rows down over the HW line and last week you did a cracking job keeping us going ........ always wanted to know who the guy was that always starts off a WIGAN ? You know who you are ( some times sings it on your own ) :D
cbinder is his name.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I cant belive that people are moaning about the drum's.They add much needed atmosphere and noise.Im getting on a bit (well late 30's) but i get up singing on my own sometimes to get behind the players.But i do also rant & rave and sometimes boo them when they deseavre it.To all the drummers keep on banging them drum's.
Nine

Post by Nine »

GeoffN posted:
I'm one of the "older supporters", I guess, and I love the drums; I'm sat right in front of them (but about halfway down) in the East. I always go home hoarse after a game.
:eusa2: Me too. I've been supporting Wigan for nearly 50 years. I also like the drums (I'm down at the front of the East Stand), join in all the singing and chanting and generally scream the place down.

I am proud to say I have never booed mny team and never will. Even at the end of the first half on Friday me and others near me were shouting out to the players to keep their heads up, praising them for good play, encouraging them to keep going and do the right things.

So let's not label, people, eh? People are people, some are negative, some are positive, we all handle disappointment and adversity differently. It's nowt to do with age, though when you'r eolder you should have learned something about dealing with life's disappointments.

[rant]Ancientnloyal - shame on you for saying "hate the older 'knowledgeable supporters'". What a stupid remark, I thought better of you. Go and look "hate" up in the dictionary, by the way, then think about the wars and murder it leads to, and put things in perspective. :angry: [rant over]
Squad number 18!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I would prefer the drums over the silence we sometimes get at the JJB. It is easily to get everyone singing at way games because they are all in one areas but at the JJB the fans are in different stands, so keep the drumming going.

There person who sits in front of me is the most miserable person in the JJB, he moans about singing, chanting, the drums.... what does he expect from a rugby match, if he wants peace and quiet a library might be a better place. :conf:

Although the guy who sits next to me this season is a top guy, good to chat to, he really knows what he is talking about.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
I'm one of the "older supporters", I guess, and I love the drums; I'm sat right in front of them (but about halfway down) in the East. I always go home hoarse after a game.
You must sit not far from me then. I don't like the drums and on Friday there was a point where they were just doing a constant beat i.e. not a "tune" to a song and that was really annoying.

Like you though I go home hoarse and for the last two home games I have had to give an OU tutorial on the Saturday morning which involves about two hours of talking. My voice has nearly given out on both occasions due to the amount of shouting I have done on the Friday.

In other words liking the drums is not a qualification for being a vocal supporter as some of the younger generation may think!

Dave
thegimble

Re: 'Attack on East Stand Drum...

Post by thegimble »

ancientnloyal posted:
Saw this post on rlfans.com...

mikehoughton1 posted:
Some of those goons with the drums in the East Stand wouldn't know a decent game of rugby if it bit them on the booty, and yet they continually claim the moral high ground because they, well they, bang a drum so they must be better fans than the rest of us.

My son is 1 of those goons and on thursday evening he was having trials for the u15s wigan service area i can assure you he knows what a decent game of rugby is.
Within the 'True fans' thread.

Pretty shoddy if you ask me.
If my dad catches him i think he will kick his drum as he moans everytime about it when its on the telly. At the JJB hs fine but on TV he thinks its almost as bad as Stevo's commentary.