HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Post by ddtftf »

Also golden point fine in club matches but a re play match should be in cup matches plus the extra revenue to RL clubs
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:31 pm Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread
Post by ddtftf » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Brilliant idea new rule it will reduce the attendances by half and the TV contract by half also what the foouk idiots are doing this to our game what next boxing can only hit the chest they have already bankrupt 4 big RU Clubs one owing 500 million how did that happen ?? . Why not scrap the sin bin and make naughty players SKIP 50 times on the spot or do community service . Sadly I am old school when the game was rough tough and exciting and had crowds waiting to get into games . Good news is in boxing the boxers do wrap their arms around the opponent about 100 times over 10 rounds & on a last note wait for it to become mandatory for all RL players to have head guards its coming trust me , & we all want forwards to drive the ball in rough and tough then we punish them for being too aggressive
The research and report that led to this trial of tackling below the armpit were led by our new chairman Dr Chris Brookes.
The research also showed that wearing a head guard gave no effective reduction in reducing concussions.
I don't like it but if we don't do something to reduce concussions the attendances won't be reduced by half; they'll be reduced by more than that when the game has gone bankrupt due to former players who 'weren't aware of the risks'.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Shaun1967 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:00 pm
ddtftf wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:31 pm Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread
Post by ddtftf » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Brilliant idea new rule it will reduce the attendances by half and the TV contract by half also what the foouk idiots are doing this to our game what next boxing can only hit the chest they have already bankrupt 4 big RU Clubs one owing 500 million how did that happen ?? . Why not scrap the sin bin and make naughty players SKIP 50 times on the spot or do community service . Sadly I am old school when the game was rough tough and exciting and had crowds waiting to get into games . Good news is in boxing the boxers do wrap their arms around the opponent about 100 times over 10 rounds & on a last note wait for it to become mandatory for all RL players to have head guards its coming trust me , & we all want forwards to drive the ball in rough and tough then we punish them for being too aggressive
The research and report that led to this trial of tackling below the armpit were led by our new chairman Dr Chris Brookes.
The research also showed that wearing a head guard gave no effective reduction in reducing concussions.
I don't like it but if we don't do something to reduce concussions the attendances won't be reduced by half; they'll be reduced by more than that when the game has gone bankrupt due to former players who 'weren't aware of the risks'.
Why can't people that want to take up playing rugby sign a disclaimer to say they are aware of the risks involved in playing a contact sport and accept responsibility for any injuries etc. that may occur?

Does anyone know why this can't happen?
PJC

Post by PJC »

Question. If a player is about to put the ball down for a try can he be pulled backwards by a hand on either shoulder? It wouldn’t matter what speed they were going.