General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Re: General election

Post by Wintergreen »

Rochdale Warrior wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Well with the recent changes to social care in the Tory manefesto I find myself without a party to support.

I won't be voting.
She will do a U turn on this before the election , not very strong and stable if she does .
Well if she doesn't then it's totally against the principles of the Thatcher Revolution.

It will penalise sensible saving and favour irresponsibility. That cannot be right.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Well the U Turn didn't take long as they never do with May.

As MP for Maidenhead she was against the 3rd runway at Heathrow. She authorised construction of the 3rd runway when she became PM.
Companies will be forced to have workers on their BOD's she said.
Their manifesto says they won't be forced to, it will be optional.
Referendum campaign she was a remainer. As PM she's for Brexit.

I think she's only concerned about her premiership and legacy. The UK and the British people can go to hell in a hand cart as long as it suits her ambition. I also think she's set up Fox, Davies and Johnson to fail. The Brexit campaign of Free Trade, No contributions and Control of borders will not happen. Some of us always knew it would not happen now everyone knows it.
She knows how bad its going to be as she said today. I reckon she was pressurising the UK negotiators that if they fail it will be they who have failed and not her.

The EU will run rings around our lot and it will be interesting what they will call a good deal.
After today's U Turn everyone now knows May is not strong and stable but weak and unreliable.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

No it can't be right but May was the one who christened the Cons the nasty party if I remember correctly.
The daughter of a Vicar and no doubt a church going Christian. She's no different to most religious folk I've come across in life, never let God get in the way of ambition!
As an adage, she makes claims to being for working folk yet is instrumental in introducing industrial tribunal fees and curbing union rights. Yeh right brother!! Would it be reasonable to call her a lying Christian? Milliband certainly seems to have hit the nail in the dementia tax area with a lie.
Let's get on to tax. Slags Corbyn off for mentioning tax rises yet fails to rule out them herself. Talk about more faces than the town hall clock?
If nothing else this election has taught me that principles matter more than BS and lies, and if its blue thats all it usually is.
I'll be voting Labour, not because I'm happy with his policies throughout or because he's a good leader, but because he a good moral man who talks principles.
The economy may be a mess with borrowing but the deficit reduction has been firmly pushed back because, like immigration, the figures won't and can't add up.
And then there's Brexit! Into the valley of death and all that.
May, just like the witch before her, got confident but couldn't wait till the election was won and she is the country's future elected leader. What a mess we are in!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Wiganer Ted wrote:Well the U Turn didn't take long as they never do with May.

As MP for Maidenhead she was against the 3rd runway at Heathrow. She authorised construction of the 3rd runway when she became PM.
Companies will be forced to have workers on their BOD's she said.
Their manifesto says they won't be forced to, it will be optional.
Referendum campaign she was a remainer. As PM she's for Brexit.

I think she's only concerned about her premiership and legacy. The UK and the British people can go to hell in a hand cart as long as it suits her ambition. I also think she's set up Fox, Davies and Johnson to fail. The Brexit campaign of Free Trade, No contributions and Control of borders will not happen. Some of us always knew it would not happen now everyone knows it.
She knows how bad its going to be as she said today. I reckon she was pressurising the UK negotiators that if they fail it will be they who have failed and not her.

The EU will run rings around our lot and it will be interesting what they will call a good deal.
After today's U Turn everyone now knows May is not strong and stable but weak and unreliable.
Spot on Ted, lock it Josie looms big now!! :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I never understood how anyone thought May was in any,way shape or form a good pm,as bad as Callahan was back in the day,weak and indecisive.
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Rochdale Warrior wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Well with the recent changes to social care in the Tory manefesto I find myself without a party to support.

I won't be voting.
She will do a U turn on this before the election , not very strong and stable if she does .
Well there you go , been a very interesting day in the media , she was rattled , has no intention of meeting the public , strong and stable my backside , the gap has closed over the weekend , can the impossible happen ? Mr Corbyn keep going
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

After tonight's events in M/cr think this should be locked , my thoughts are with all those affected by tonight's events
Wandering Warrior

I echo your thoughts 're. The Arena and the victims but the Election will happen so why lock the post?
Furthermore the Police numbers are being cut when things like this obviously show the lunacy of both actions.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Rochdale Warrior wrote:After tonight's events in M/cr think this should be locked , my thoughts are with all those affected by tonight's events
Well permanently suspending our own little bit of democratic debate by locking this thread would be admitting defeat in our own small way. It's exactly what those tossers want.

Suspending debate temporarily as the political parties have done as a mark of respect today is absolutely fine but as WW said, the election isn't going away so I am sure there will be plenty to discuss going forward when its appropriate to do so again.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Let's examine May's clarification/ U-turn or whatever.

There will be a cap on how much anyone can pay for care in their old age. We're not yet being told what the cap will be, but let's take an example: suppose it's half a million quid.

So Joe Blogs has a house worth £200,000 and savings of £80,000, total £280,000. Take away the £100,00 he's allowed to keep, this means he pays £180,000 for his care, or 65% of his wealth/savings.

Fred Smith has a house worth £2 million and savings/investments worth another £1.5 million. He's also allowed to keep £100,000 from his total of £3.5m, leaving £3.4m. Out if this, the amount for care is capped at £0.5m so he ends up leaving £3m to his kids. His contribution, whilst more, is 14.3% compared with Joe's 65% of total wealth.

This is a typical Tory tax system.

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐