How good was Lockers :) ;)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: How good was Lockers :...

Post by cpwigan »

If a scrum is in the opposition half and they have the feed. Teams often say to a back, you pack down in the scrum and a forward then stands in the defensive line. At Wigan, we have lots of big robust backs who can defend. So we put Ashton in the scrum. This allows Hock to stand in the backs. Teams in their own half tend to drive the ball after winning the scrum so Hock v Senior is better than Ashton v Senior.

It is just something that teams do at scrums.

Likewise, teams often put an explosive forward at stand off when they have the feed and a scrum on the opposition line.
mario

Post by mario »

jinkin jimmy posted:
pieater-alex posted:
wiganstripleL posted:
dont agree with any of that.. he scored a good try but apart from that he gave away to many penalties every tackle he made he went to take the guys head off!!
He gave 1 penalty away and was immense in defense.

Some fans are never happy :conf:
He deliberately hit Donald high and deliberately took Burrow out on our line - and could well have saved tries by doing so. He walked a thin line IMO and could have been binned for either.

I was ranting at him for the stupid run to the touchline early on resulting in a Leeds scrum. CPWigan may be correct in that it should have been a penalty but he should never have got himself into that situation.

Overall though, having watched the replay 3 times he was very good, particularly his tackling stint in the closing stages.
I agree that Lockers in touch early on should have been a Wigan penalty and most people around me were of the same opinion.
I didn't see anything wrong with the shoulder charge on Burrow as they were both running for the ball.Bradford scored a try today when a wakefield player was pushed while not in possesion of the ball,but no penalty was given there.
Welski

Post by Welski »

- psycho - posted:
we were ehavily penalised for holding down, it counted a few times were leeds held us down and despite our players complaining, nothing came of it.
Home advantage plays a part in the number of decisions awarded. Every time we replicated what Leeds were up to the crowd went bananas. (At least it sounded like that on my TV)
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke posted:
For scoring one try?, or are you taking the Higham :lol:
The lad was awesome and 100% again, enough said.
Panchitta Marra

RRR posted:
i totaly agree cpwigan the fact that he does so much defensive work there is bound to be the occasional high shot/penalty. lockers is a proper workhorse ok he is not at his best every single game but then there are not that many who are
The lad has the No13 GB shirt for me, no problem. 100% effort week in week out, always looking for the ball, and what pace for the try. IMO, theres no other 13 in Superleague could have scored that try the way he did, he is quick.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

For me Lockers did his best ,but it is not good enough, he lacks control of situations and is still very poor going forward

Panchitta Marra

cpwigan posted:
Putting a back in at loose forward when defending scrums is common place these days. Back rowers that are fast enough have better 1 v 1 tackling techniques and can tackle the likes of Senior far easier.
Spot on comment.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lockers stupidly attempted to run down the wing in our own 20, resulting in him going into touch. From us being under pressure now, we conceeded a penalty which resulted in a try.
He gave that stupid high shot against donald, complete stupidty, very easy to go for legs and stop a sprinting player, a lot of work for nothing.
Think he knocked on 2 times at the play the ball, although there appeared a hand in the way on 1, it doesnt make you drop the ball like that, he was looking for a penalty and milked it.

Good defensive work and a good try.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

e1 knows i dnt like Lockers

but i gave credit where credit is deserved and he certainly deserved it for this game
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The problem for lockers and hock to some extent is ''and I know I keep saying it'' the lack of a quality third prop , o carol is doing fine but he should be brought into the side with another experienced prop at the side of him.

lockers and hock are between them doing this job over the course of a game ie taking on more work load to the detriment of their own games , taking to much ball up in the middle instead of out wide were they can cause damage , the fatigue levels could also be leading to some of these stupid penalties that they both give away this is our big problem .

Playing presscott and ocarrol while not ideal may be the answer against more dominant packs like saints and the bulls then resting one against weaker packs .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!