Re: Protest after the Leeds ma...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

Re: Protest after the Leed...

Post by jammie »

what i don't get is we made a plea last season to bring in more players becuase of the size of our long term injury list on the grounds of special dispensation,that was rejected,so we had a difficult decision bring in more players and ignore the rfl,and try to stay in sl or go down to NL1.that is why we got a 50,000 fine and not 25,000 becuase we ignored them.i think we made the right decision,knowing the rfl never do us any favors.bradford in a statement this week said they had kept the rfl informed of there salary cap situation all through the season,and had fully co-oparated with the inquiry.so what situation did they have with there salary cap?
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think, regardless of the outcome of the hearings, Wigan did what was necessary to stay in Super League last year. The fact that we could get a 12 point deduction and still possibly survive, in a league as close as it has been, is testament to how far we have come - Even with one of the smallest squads in Super League!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We will get points docked.

If you are going to break it, break it big. Win virtually every game, win the cup, make the P/Os win the GF. SCREW the system.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

agreed :eusa2:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
We will get points docked.

If you are going to break it, break it big. Win virtually every game, win the cup, make the P/Os win the GF. SCREW the system.
Are you speaking on behalf of a certain cheating scouse club????
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well look at the system Matthew. If you are going to break it, break it totally. The point deductions only reach 12 points. So get a fantastic team, win, win, win and sod em. Such a team could absorb a 12pt loss.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

cpwigan posted:
Well look at the system Matthew. If you are going to break it, break it totally. The point deductions only reach 12 points. So get a fantastic team, win, win, win and sod em. Such a team could absorb a 12pt loss.
Yes but they are broke. could they pay the fine?
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Does the people taking over have to put as much money into the kitty. Mo goes, Wheelan bails out. The club is left to its own devices. Can it survive without a sugar daddy? Don't cook the goose---
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
I know I agree completely - if rumour is to be believed and stains are using offshore payments then they could have spent more than the cap by some margin - and it's worked for them. They won everything last year and they look on course for another double (although I hope we have something to say about it!)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jammie

Post by jammie »

surely paying players in off shore accounts & defering players payments is just useing loop holes in the salary cap system,you cannot deduct points from wigan and let stains walk away with a slap on the hand.seems the media already know what punishments are going to be handed out,and suprise suprise according to them we are going to get hammered,hope they are wrong and bradford & stains are the ones to get hammersd.maybe we should do posters comlaining about our ongoing treatment & constant witch hunt by the nutters who run the RFL.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.