A New Owner!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: A New Owner!!!

Post by pedro »

DV could afford it with his wages..!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Is he any relation to Dr Zaman? :)

consigliere

Post by consigliere »

good god we all know the two big favorites to take over.
But the last time we nearly sold it was not the person who most thought it was going to be.

I have two excellent sources and i mean EXCELLENT and they have both told me different from one another in the last hour.

Sit back relax and enjoy the day.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
pedro

Post by pedro »

Sutty posted:
Is he any relation to Dr Zaman? :)
Maybe.. :lol:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

When you say "enjoy the day", can we take it that there is going to be an announcement extremely shortly? Or are we going to have to wait until the end of the season like we do with any other news? Like signing for example etc?

consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I was just meaning do not fret about stuff we cannot influence.
Nothing mystic to do with announcements

I know that i hope John is involved whoever takes over control of the club.
I know how much he cares for the club.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

I don't think Whelan will sell. He cannot honestly continue pouring big bucks in to Latics so would welcome some success for Warriors. He just wants the right man, who loves the club and wants to do his best. Surely there is a top businessman man in Wigan with these credentials.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Personally I am not fretting, in fact I'm quite excited. All these scousers etc laughing because "Uncle Mo" is leaving. Do they not realise that, IMO, he has been suffocating the club for the past few years. Granted he transformed the club into the most succesful sporting team in the world, but in his second tenure as Chairman we have steadily declined. Poor signings and salary cap breaches seem to be the norm nowadays.
I think the time is right for Whelan to sell the club to someone who has its best interests at heart and they will hopefully have a good business head on their shoulders and put in place a proper salary structure and we will be able to get a team full of excellent players. Including the odd one or two world class superstars, without breaking the bank and blowing a large percentage of our salary cap on them.
Some of the other clubs should be running scared at the moment, I don't think it will be too long before we start to build on our new foundations and we will soon see ourselves returning to the top two or three teams in the competition. Regularly pushing for honours and winning trophies again. These narrow minded fans that are mocking us now, will soon be made to laugh on the other side of their faces.
I am certainly looking forward to the future.

As we say, the Future's bright, the future's cherry and white. :D

Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Don't know why people are worrying that a new investor will not want to put their hand in their pocket for the club. It is in the best interests of any new owner to put cash into the club, they're hardly going to sit back and watch the club they own flop loke a dead duck are they??

We make profits every year too

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Wigan Observer are suggesting the bidder is Leneghan of Harlequins. When asked he neither confirmed nor denied it. Likewise, Whelan responded in identical fashion. Ex scholes boy I am not sure how he could devote enough time to Wigan RLFC. He still has 2 business interests, one based in London and when questioned by the Observer he was in LA