Jake Webster

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Banksy

Re: Jake Webster

Post by Banksy »

Webster is Hull KR bound but how good would that have been.

Another one bites the dust.
Why are you so sure he's of to Hull KR?
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I thought the other team linked was Bradford. From the article it sounds as if he has already signed so it shouldn't be too long until we find out.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

to me this sums up the dire state we are in, we bring in Chav (allegedly) and HKR get Webster, if it is true, where is our cap money going?

we are loosing vialiki and fletcher and are bringing in Coley etc these are very poor exchanges, that add no depth to the squad,

we have a dire pack with a luxury prop, a prop who needs to regain form fast, a back rower who cant catch

our backline is slower than a tax rebate, our scrumhalf cant pass, we have a winger at fullback etc

this may seem negative but how many more rebuilding years do we have to go through? if the rumours of unrest in the club and the u21 are true we are fecked, it will be another long hard trophyless season again. i keep waiting and hoping that we will sign a decent centre, and a prop but looking at he rumours it aint going to happen still at least theres no relegation next year :conf:

then again we have barret pity the rest of the team dont want to play for him
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Lazy J posted:
to me this sums up the dire state we are in, we bring in Chav (allegedly) and HKR get Webster, if it is true, where is our cap money going?

we are loosing vialiki and fletcher and are bringing in Coley etc these are very poor exchanges, that add no depth to the squad,

we have a dire pack with a luxury prop, a prop who needs to regain form fast, a back rower who cant catch

our backline is slower than a tax rebate, our scrumhalf cant pass, we have a winger at fullback etc

this may seem negative but how many more rebuilding years do we have to go through? if the rumours of unrest in the club and the u21 are true we are fecked, it will be another long hard trophyless season again. i keep waiting and hoping that we will sign a decent centre, and a prop but looking at he rumours it aint going to happen still at least theres no relegation next year :conf:

then again we have barret pity the rest of the team dont want to play for him
I agree we are a very slow all a round team we need to sign speedy youngsters i agree ou pack is dire.Bailey will speed up our pack a bit when he moves to second row like i think he will and we need micheal korkidas and coley to add depth and quality to our pack.Terrance will add fire and aggression to us which we are lacking greatly in

As for our backs well trent and leulaui are both quality players.richards needs to play on the wing alongside a decent centre.Calderwood is slow and runs sideway's we need SHEER SPEED on that wing and goulding to play centre he deseves(spelling) it after what he has done for us.I hope hodgson signs for us and we also sign chev walker cos he is huge
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

typical press bull ****
TITANS winger Jake Webster has revealed the opportunity to play in the centres with Super League club Hull Kingston Rovers was the major reason behind his shock decision to head to England.

Then six paragraphs later

Webster would not be drawn on the nature of the new deal, which is believed to be in excess of $300,000 a season. He even declined to name the club he would be joining.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Some ones having a laugh on wikipedia,

It is believed Webster will join an English Super League side next season as he has been released by the Titans. He has been linked with Wigan Warriors, Bradford Bulls, Harlequins Rugby League and Featherstone Rovers. :lol:
Prest

Post by Prest »

Banksy posted:
Some ones having a laugh on wikipedia,

It is believed Webster will join an English Super League side next season as he has been released by the Titans. He has been linked with Wigan Warriors, Bradford Bulls, Harlequins Rugby League and Featherstone Rovers. :lol:
Dont rely on Wiki'. Brian Noble allegedly enjoyed playing with a large bunch of pink, feather dusters a while back. :eh:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B posted:
typical press bull ****
TITANS winger Jake Webster has revealed the opportunity to play in the centres with Super League club Hull Kingston Rovers was the major reason behind his shock decision to head to England.

Then six paragraphs later

Webster would not be drawn on the nature of the new deal, which is believed to be in excess of $300,000 a season. He even declined to name the club he would be joining.

Probably too embarassed!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
It won't matter at all whom is signed it is the results that matter. IF all the Salford players are signed, backed up with McAvoy and say Demetiru and the coach makes this unlikely bunch into a winning side-who cares as long as we are competing for a change?

We may argue for and against particular signings (and we have been woeful in this dept. lately), however it is the performance that counts.
I find this a very strange post coming from you. You are the one who goes on about certain players not being of Wigan standard.

If we do sign the Salford cast offs I have no doubt you will be saying the same thing next season.

So to pre-empt any of that do you think Coley, D Hodgson and Fitzpatrick(?) are of Wigan standard?

If its results that matter we went on a run winning 11 out of 12 with Orr in the side last time but you could not wait to see the back of him if I recall correctly because he was not of "Wigan standard".

I am starting to think the fact the new owners clearly are not publicly in charge means DW and Mo still are but are simply not in the market for quality players. I certainly do not think Noble can make a silk purse out of a sows ear and get results from the current Wigan side with the only additions being the Salford and Wire players on the market plus Walker.

We supposedly have a salary cap credit next season so we can actually spend more than the cap but as yet no player of real quality is confirmed as coming.

We are still linked with a seemingly reluctant B Hodgson but that is about it and our improved centres seem to be Walker and Goulding which isn't going to work as Goulding is not ready for a full season yet IMO.

I also believe the good will the Wigan fans have shown the club by sticking by it last season and now this has a limit and it will be severely tested if we make what are perceived to be low quality additions to the squad compared to the likes of Hudds, Wire and HKR (never mind the big three).

Everyone should by now be under no illusions as to the quality of the players that are NOT leaving and I am sure feel the squad needs improvement by the addition of some genuine quality in at least two positions. If the club does not do this season ticket sales will fall is my prediction.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
It won't matter at all whom is signed it is the results that matter. IF all the Salford players are signed, backed up with McAvoy and say Demetiru and the coach makes this unlikely bunch into a winning side-who cares as long as we are competing for a change?

We may argue for and against particular signings (and we have been woeful in this dept. lately), however it is the performance that counts.
I find this a very strange post coming from you. You are the one who goes on about certain players not being of Wigan standard.

If we do sign the Salford cast offs I have no doubt you will be saying the same thing next season.

So to pre-empt any of that do you think Coley, D Hodgson and Fitzpatrick(?) are of Wigan standard?

If its results that matter we went on a run winning 11 out of 12 with Orr in the side last time but you could not wait to see the back of him if I recall correctly because he was not of "Wigan standard".

I am starting to think the fact the new owners clearly are not publicly in charge means DW and Mo still are but are simply not in the market for quality players. I certainly do not think Noble can make a silk purse out of a sows ear and get results from the current Wigan side with the only additions being the Salford and Wire players on the market plus Walker.

We supposedly have a salary cap credit next season so we can actually spend more than the cap but as yet no player of real quality is confirmed as coming.

We are still linked with a seemingly reluctant B Hodgson but that is about it and our improved centres seem to be Walker and Goulding which isn't going to work as Goulding is not ready for a full season yet IMO.

I also believe the good will the Wigan fans have shown the club by sticking by it last season and now this has a limit and it will be severely tested if we make what are perceived to be low quality additions to the squad compared to the likes of Hudds, Wire and HKR (never mind the big three).

Everyone should by now be under no illusions as to the quality of the players that are NOT leaving and I am sure feel the squad needs improvement by the addition of some genuine quality in at least two positions. If the club does not do this season ticket sales will fall is my prediction.

Dave
I've said on one of the other sites that, with the way this prolonged hand-over of power is being handled, it could seriously damage our club.

Top players are currently rushing past us to get to teams like Wire, Hudds, Hull KR, there are stories of widespread discord in the junior ranks, while several first-teamers and even the head coach don't apparently know what their status will be next year.

Maurice is in hospital at present - so perhaps we can't expect too much input from him in his final days as chairman, but there are other directors at the club who are presumably still in a position to make decisions.

I was pleased when I first heard the current administration was leaving, but now it looks as though their incompetence is going to linger until the very last day - whenever that may actually be. No-one seems to know.

At a time when we should be strengthening for next season - having apparently given up early on this one - we're in Limbo, and it's costing us dear.