Carmont signed - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Carmont signed - offic...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Great stuff.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is actually not a bad player. Far more evasive and stylish than many centres. Certainly more potent than DV. The odd thing is I always think of him as a more attacking centre rather than a defender. He will do well IMO.
j.g

Post by j.g »

Wigan Watcher posted:
So we have signed a potentially over the hill player, I say potentially because of his age. This is mere speculation but how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre, I would say every player of this age playing centre has lost speed over the years.

I see another possible white elephant here!
kieth senior :conf:
    Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

j.g posted:
    Wigan Watcher posted:
    So we have signed a potentially over the hill player, I say potentially because of his age. This is mere speculation but how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre, I would say every player of this age playing centre has lost speed over the years.

keith senior was pretty poor imo apart from he internationals last season. his past his best now i think.

carmont sounds like he will be a good buy, hes a proven player in aussie land and wont be on a large deal.
      thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Mr Stu posted:
      j.g posted:
      Wigan Watcher posted:

keith senior was pretty poor imo apart from he internationals last season. his past his best now i think.

carmont sounds like he will be a good buy, hes a proven player in aussie land and wont be on a large deal.
        Yes Senior was awful last season especially Grand Final did nothing. By the way just incase people think im serious im not. Senior was ok last season and played well in the play offs
        bertina

Post by bertina »

dawbz posted:
        Why so negative?, i personally have not seen much of this guy and will only pass judgement when he steps onto the field, from what i have read on his profile i think he will do a good job for us.
        Give the guy a chance for gods sake.
        Absolutely right!!
        He was a regular in the first team for Newcastle in the NRL last season, so what's all this negative stuff on here about him only being a squad player ?
        Maybe some on here would like us to pay a fortune for someone who is supposedly going to set the world alight, like erm, David Vaeliki for example.
        How many centres have we had in the last few seasons that could command a first team place in the NRL.
        Get real people!!
        ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bailey? technically.

I dont know much about this new guy but as people have said, only judge him 5 or 4 games into the new season.

He should be playing alongside Richards will he not?
        https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
        Ces Mountford
        And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
        Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
        Of Fame
        right cross

Post by right cross »

are we all forgeting that mr lenagen and co have signed george not little mo and co ?

so come on guys lets have a little faith eh :conf:
        cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think people will be pleasantly surprised. With Trent you need centres who can hit a hole and have the ability to break the line. Carmont and Goulding fit that bill for me.

The only fear I have are injuries to our 7 and 6

Things are looking better than they were
        andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

thing is he is 29 and no one ever heard of him :blush: