Hill to Widnes - possible new prop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: Hill to Widnes - possi...

Post by Bear »

ince warrior posted:
With his and Hill's salaries combined we could get 2 maybe 3 quality players, and that may prove to be more reliable than relying on Fielden to bounce back,
This could maybe be the case, but, what about if feka gets sacked and we have already sold feilden by this point... Whos going to step in as a pack leader? Thats another point you have to consider
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

Bear posted:
ince warrior posted:
With his and Hill's salaries combined we could get 2 maybe 3 quality players, and that may prove to be more reliable than relying on Fielden to bounce back,
This could maybe be the case, but, what about if feka gets sacked and we have already sold feilden by this point... Whos going to step in as a pack leader? Thats another point you have to consider
I meant obviously after we had found out the verdict on Feka, it would be stupid to let him go beforehand. And a number of players could step in as pack leader, there's bound to be a few players knocking about in that category, you don't necessarily have to be technically brilliant to boss the pack, you just need a strong character.

And on your other point, aye I will get behind him as long as he's at Wigan, as I do with every player on the pitch but I just personally think he'll have a stinker. I hope I'm wrong though.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

ince warrior posted:
DaveO posted:
right cross posted:
daveo if feka gets charged he will be replaced ,no doubt whatsoever .
He has already been charged. IMO he will get replaced if convicted and sent to prison. Anything other than a custodial sentence and I don't think the club is in a position to come down that hard on him.
Dave
To be honest Dave I think they are, don't forget it isn't just Feka's name thats being dragged down, the club's name is being dragged through the mire because of this as well, and so in the club's position I would personally fine him (as he has already been charged) for bringing the club into disrepute or whatever they call it these days.

Anyway back on topic, I wasn't suggesting that we should offload Fielden or Feka to keep Hill, as that would (as the reaction was) be stupid. However I was looking from more of a financial viewpoint, and imagine who we could get with Fielden's wages. With his and Hill's salaries combined we could get 2 maybe 3 quality players, and that may prove to be more reliable than relying on Fielden to bounce back, because in my opinion (and I'm risking a good slating here but it's my view) I can see him having another stinker this year, since everyone seems to have found out about his "glass jaw" now, which showed last year, no opposition players seemed to fear him at all. If we keep him (which I've no doubt we will), I hope he picks it up though.

that could be said about every player at wigan. how do you know if barrett will produce the form he had last season? should we get rid of him if he isnt performing? nobody knows how fielden or any wigan player will play next year but imo with a good off season and the chance to get back to full fitness,(also the injuries he was carrying have now been sorted) then there's no reason why fielden shouldnt get back to his best
Bear

Post by Bear »

Well in my opinion keep him for the time being you never know about if Cohen comes also (Witch i highley doubt) He could pick his game up, aswell as signing coley. There are many positions at wigan were players are challenging for position, thats a great thing to have so now players know that if they dont pick their form up, then theyl be benched.
But i think with the time Noble spent at Bradford with fielden and the things they won together, Noble will trust feilden to lead the team forward and get stuck in, yeah at the moment he hasnt done it but you must think about the work he does in the off season, he lost half a stone last year... What if that half a staone is put back on in muscle, hes a big lad and i dont think i would want to get in the way of him :D
Bear

Post by Bear »

Great Post standish warrior :eusa2:
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

standishwarrior posted:
ince warrior posted:
DaveO posted: He has already been charged. IMO he will get replaced if convicted and sent to prison. Anything other than a custodial sentence and I don't think the club is in a position to come down that hard on him.
Dave
To be honest Dave I think they are, don't forget it isn't just Feka's name thats being dragged down, the club's name is being dragged through the mire because of this as well, and so in the club's position I would personally fine him (as he has already been charged) for bringing the club into disrepute or whatever they call it these days.

Anyway back on topic, I wasn't suggesting that we should offload Fielden or Feka to keep Hill, as that would (as the reaction was) be stupid. However I was looking from more of a financial viewpoint, and imagine who we could get with Fielden's wages. With his and Hill's salaries combined we could get 2 maybe 3 quality players, and that may prove to be more reliable than relying on Fielden to bounce back, because in my opinion (and I'm risking a good slating here but it's my view) I can see him having another stinker this year, since everyone seems to have found out about his "glass jaw" now, which showed last year, no opposition players seemed to fear him at all. If we keep him (which I've no doubt we will), I hope he picks it up though.

that could be said about every player at wigan. how do you know if barrett will produce the form he had last season? should we get rid of him if he isnt performing? nobody knows how fielden or any wigan player will play next year but imo with a good off season and the chance to get back to full fitness,(also the injuries he was carrying have now been sorted) then there's no reason why fielden shouldnt get back to his best
Well yes you're right, it could be said about everybody. But what I'm saying is that not many players have just been "found out" like Fielden has if that is the case. Obviously Barrett may not play well this year, others may not but I personally have more faith in them to back it up than Fielden. This is no hate campaign against Fielden by the way, just my personal view on things. It may well be that he was just affected by his mother's death which accounted for his loss of form, in which case he may very well pick things up this year. Like I've already said though, as long as he is in a Wigan shirt, I will back him and cheer him on.

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Basically thats all it needs, a huge cheer from the fans as hes taking the ball up, that ull have him going a theres only one stuart feliden song as he comes out and give him the fire in the belly, that should gear him up... I think he is a simalar player to peacock
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

ince warrior posted:
standishwarrior posted:
ince warrior posted: To be honest Dave I think they are, don't forget it isn't just Feka's name thats being dragged down, the club's name is being dragged through the mire because of this as well, and so in the club's position I would personally fine him (as he has already been charged) for bringing the club into disrepute or whatever they call it these days.

Well yes you're right, it could be said about everybody. But what I'm saying is that not many players have just been "found out" like Fielden has if that is the case. Obviously Barrett may not play well this year, others may not but I personally have more faith in them to back it up than Fielden. This is no hate campaign against Fielden by the way, just my personal view on things. It may well be that he was just affected by his mother's death which accounted for his loss of form, in which case he may very well pick things up this year. Like I've already said though, as long as he is in a Wigan shirt, I will back him and cheer him on.

thing with fielden i dont think he's just been found out. how consistant has he played since he's been with bradford and his first year at wigan? he wernt a regular in gb for nothing. as iv said before if your gonna judge him do it next season when he's fully fit. next season if its to be believed that coley will be used as a prop then we've got some1 to take some of the work load off him that was somthing we missed last season because we only had 3 out and out props. like you, i think everyone will get behind him
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

standishwarrior posted:
ince warrior posted:
standishwarrior posted:

thing with fielden i dont think he's just been found out. how consistant has he played since he's been with bradford and his first year at wigan? he wernt a regular in gb for nothing. as iv said before if your gonna judge him do it next season when he's fully fit. next season if its to be believed that coley will be used as a prop then we've got some1 to take some of the work load off him that was somthing we missed last season because we only had 3 out and out props. like you, i think everyone will get behind him
I think people may be getting the wrong end of the stick a bit. I wasn't actually judging him as such, just predicting his form for this season. I'm not disputing that in terms of overall playing ability he is quality, and as you said has proved it for years on end. My only doubt was that maybe those days are behind him, thats all, and that last season may not have been the blip people expected. However, I'm not one of those that says "oh get him out hes crap", just a bit worried that he might not play well this year either. My original point was that IF he has another season like this, quite a number of people might be thinking "imagine what we could have done with his wages" and was only a suggestion, I wasn't strictly saying that I want rid of him necessarily. Either way as long as he plays well this season it's reet in my mind. :lol:

And at last someone agrees with me about Coley being useful! :lol:

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!