Pryce signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Banksy

Re: Pryce signs

Post by Banksy »

Great signing really pleased we have got a young exciting prospect who has already proven how good he is at rugby league at a very young age.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah god i have and i am .... :D

and nobbys girl i most certainly dont bend that way....

:lol:
Brianed0

Post by Brianed0 »

shawcross da warrior posted:
fantatic signing am chuffed it takes the downer of going to work tonight that does......

wooohooooo im chuffed.... :D
Could be the best signing of the season. Hope he uses his size and speed to good effect. His brother used to be a donkey, but he has come on well.
Brian Edwards, supporter since 1950. Once Wigan, always Wigan
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Pryce's signing is Brillient. Since steve Renouf we have lacked a centre that will take the ball up and push a man out of his way. Dave could only DUMMY but he was a very good DUMMY! I don't know why people are saying put him in the second row? Thats crazy. He would be wasted there. He is big and powerful let him run one on one againest an opposing winger and centre.

I think he will get used as baily did last year. Start and centre with a move to the second row if needed. But i want to see him hand of Gleeson and Gidley. I think a bet for him to be the top wigan try scorer next season my be on order. His scoring record is unbelevable.

It will be hard for Nobby to Pick 5 out of the following:
-Mathers
-Richards
-Calderwood
-Goulding
-Cermount (reading the postings i think people have forgot about him already)
-Colburn
-Price
-Stanton

Thats 9 Backs to choose for 5 posistion. Stanton won't be bursting into the team like colburn did last season so really we have 8 backs for 5 posistion. I counted Baily as a forward but he could be added to the backs lists if you so wish....

That means one hell of a good back line and a decent utility back on Bench. I think wigan are blessed with young forwards, in one or two years i can see use having a good pack but next year well who knows. I think we have too many youngsters who can play 2nd row and prop. I think Wigan are doing the right thing now and letting them go but is the Balance of Old and young correct. The average age of our squad next year is 22.5. Are we too young and inexperence or am i worried about nothing?
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

A great signing for the club. Lets hope he flattens Kevin Penny :devi:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just hope he keeps his hands in his own shorts and nobody else's

31 appearances, 34 tries for Bradford if I didnt read wrong...

:)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

52 games 34 tries i think it was
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Don't want to put a fly in the ointment but a he has spent a year out.m Three games RU for G and a period in the lower divs on loan. Had a broken foot twice. He is coming back but when will he be match ready. Possibly this is why we can afford him at this time. I preferred him to Leon last time round. Hope he is match ready in time for start of season. Wonder if the world cup has any influence on his decission to return. HC
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Great news and good cover for the backs as well as Barrett, what annoyed me on the sport on radio 1 tonight it mentioned about Saints re signing Wellens and Roby and not about us signing Pryce grrr
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What a signing! to be honest i dont know bout th rest of you but this take over has been like a breathe of fresh air, everything about wigan just seems better! :) i love the fact that out our 4 signings 3 of them are british and not fake Mo British, real brits, plus 2 of them under 25 and 2 over perfect mix of experience and youth. I feel more excited than ever over next season i feel like the rot has stopped and wigan are regaining its feet ready to take back our place at the top, its gonna be a few yaers i feel yet but early signs are very good!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure