SS Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: SS Bar

Post by cpwigan »

I think it was used as an incentive. If young lads made the 1st team squad they got that right. 25 first teamers so if you then added about 50 academy squad players it would be a lot of people.

Saying that it may have changed.

There are also the scholarship lads too
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews posted:
pedro posted:
Agreed....the doorman says they are converting what was the gym under the east inot the bar. I also entioned opening the North stand after the game like Max's club and he said he will pass onto the bar manager. The amount of wiganers will not be that diff for the bulls game as if Cas would have brough a few it would have easily been 20k crowd.
They are not converting the gym into a bar, they are doing it up for the reserve (academy) teams, that is what the Riversiders are trying to raise money for with the raffle tickets. All money the Riversiders ever raise is for the the young lads.
only saying what I was told.

There is already a full gym in there for the academy
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro posted:
josie andrews posted:
pedro posted:
Agreed....the doorman says they are converting what was the gym under the east inot the bar. I also entioned opening the North stand after the game like Max's club and he said he will pass onto the bar manager. The amount of wiganers will not be that diff for the bulls game as if Cas would have brough a few it would have easily been 20k crowd.
They are not converting the gym into a bar, they are doing it up for the reserve (academy) teams, that is what the Riversiders are trying to raise money for with the raffle tickets. All money the Riversiders ever raise is for the the young lads.
only saying what I was told.

There is already a full gym in there for the academy
But the equipment was moved up to Orrell and only the rubbish stuff left, thats what we are raising money for this season, for equipment and to
re-decorate it. Geoff Warburton was asking for volunteers to help with the cleaning up and painting it, this is all for the academy lads. We also give them £50 for the man of the match each week for both teams. Thanks to everyone who buys the raffle tickets. It is very much appreciated. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nine

Post by Nine »

Josie is basically right but has mixed up a couple of details - and as it's about money you can't be too accurate! Just to clarify:

- the raffle in the South Stand bar is done by Riversiders volunteers on behalf of the club. That money all goes direct to the club to be used as it sees fit for the benefit of the Academy. That is why, if you were at the AGM, it doesn't show up on the Riversiders' accounts, as it was never Riversiders money in the first place. We just sell the tickets in the bar on behalf of the club;

- the Man of the Match awards for the reserves and Under-18s are in cash provided from the Riversiders' own funds and presented at every monthly meeting to the winners, who are chosen by their coaches. The money for this is not from the SS bar raffle it is from funds raised by Riversiders themselves via a number of activities, including their own raffle that they run at every monthly meeting.

On the East Stand - Geoff has asked the Riversiers for help preparing the old gym area and offices for redecorating. The club is getting professionals in to do that but we have been asked to help with e.g. taking things down from the wall and generally clearing the rooms and putting them in a state ready to be decorated, as the more people helping out with that the sooner the club can get it done.

Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i couldnt get in lol but i was Paradise island lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nine posted:
Josie is basically right but has mixed up a couple of details - and as it's about money you can't be too accurate! Just to clarify:

- the raffle in the South Stand bar is done by Riversiders volunteers on behalf of the club. That money all goes direct to the club to be used as it sees fit for the benefit of the Academy. That is why, if you were at the AGM, it doesn't show up on the Riversiders' accounts, as it was never Riversiders money in the first place. We just sell the tickets in the bar on behalf of the club;

- the Man of the Match awards for the reserves and Under-18s are in cash provided from the Riversiders' own funds and presented at every monthly meeting to the winners, who are chosen by their coaches. The money for this is not from the SS bar raffle it is from funds raised by Riversiders themselves via a number of activities, including their own raffle that they run at every monthly meeting.

On the East Stand - Geoff has asked the Riversiers for help preparing the old gym area and offices for redecorating. The club is getting professionals in to do that but we have been asked to help with e.g. taking things down from the wall and generally clearing the rooms and putting them in a state ready to be decorated, as the more people helping out with that the sooner the club can get it done.
Oops sorry I sometimes have a bit of dyslexic hearing, but it is mainly right eh :blush: :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

pedro posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
forgot to add, have mailed the club to ask if they have any plans to expand the bar or find a bigger facility.
again....East stand is being converted. The academy gym is going
the accadamy gym is not going its just being referbed
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mike binder posted:
pedro posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
forgot to add, have mailed the club to ask if they have any plans to expand the bar or find a bigger facility.
again....East stand is being converted. The academy gym is going
the accadamy gym is not going its just being referbed
in fact they have asked if there is any 1 available to do some free labour working there this weekend they would appreciate it ,if any 1 is interested i will let you know more details when i have them

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

josie andrews posted:
Nine posted:

Oops sorry I sometimes have a bit of dyslexic hearing, but it is mainly right eh :blush: :wink:
barbs i should read all post you are 2 quick 4 me :wink:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

The Riversiders did have their own bar!
it was in the marquee. Which at the time was sat empty.

At first the club wanted £3 a year whaich they said made it a members bar and got round their issues with licensing.
Dean Bell used to come in to announce the teams before the game etc.

The following season the club decided they wanted £75 a head.

It ended there.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY