living away from wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kt4ever_1

Re: living away from wigan

Post by kt4ever_1 »

the grinch posted:
i live in wigan,orrell to be exact about about a mile from the union ground. they have the best fireworks display there come november.its good to hear wigan fans are everywhere and i agree totaly the rfl should be trying to promote the game in ireland and cumbria a lot more than the are.i went to murryfield a couple of years back the people where great they had no idea who we where but got into the spirit of the game anyway.

I used to live in orrell do you know the Robin Hood my dad used to have that pup! And we used to be members of the cricket club aswell!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Tickle's Warbabe

Post by Tickle's Warbabe »

I take it back not everyone in Sale is posh. i have just been to pick up my tickets for tomorrow as some very nice kind lovely friendly staff member change shifts with me so i get a day off tomorrow. hip, hip. :D
Otherwise it would have been Grandstand and a meal for one in the staffroom for me.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

It doesn't seem to matter where you live because you always get some stick for supporting whichever team.

I only live in Adlington (a relative stonesthrow from Wigan compared to a lot of you) and am a Wigan supporter, but my other half has a big thing about supporting our "local" team - Chorley. He thinks I should do the same. I am pleased to say that my brothers are trying to sway my 7 week old daughter into supporting Wigan and have bought her first Wigan shirt which will be worn with pride tomorrow!!!! My husband is after buying her a Chorley shirt, but I don't want her to grow up with a sense of shame and embarrassment.

Now the crazy in laws are on about buying Heather (my daughter) Burnley FC and Bolton FC babygrows!!! They clearly have no sense of taste (even suggesting a persuasion towards football is mental!) and I am going to have to put my foot down on this issue.
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

good on ya ellie you put your foot down hard on that i wouldn't stand for that. the round ball game doesn't have a bit of class. when it comes to being a wigan supporter i think your starting her at the right age and i hope at least her 2nd word after mummy would "wigan wigan" just keep saying it and she'll get the message. :)