Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote: I know someone, who's son plays for the Wigan and Leigh service area, the "captain" of the team is fathered by an ex-player (apparently not a very good one either :wink: ). He has told his son, that if he doesn't score a try or win MoM, then he will not be signed by any pro clubs or make a name for himself in SL!
Well his Dad is a prat.
The "captain" in question, cost his side victory in his attempts at glory - refusing to pass on many try scoring options, attempting to score the try himself and spending over an hour in the dressing room in tears after defeat in the final. The MoM did come from the losing side btw, but it was not this "captain".

Sometimes too much emphasis can be placed on captaincy! and it too can have its negative effects.
Not sure what your point is unless the pressure of captaincy is too much for some to the detriment of their game.
As for Fielden, I said at season start, that he should "walk the walk" not "talk the talk". IF he does want to leave, the club should not stand in his way (and I have previously heard this rumour too). Mind you, his stats are not too bad, and he wasn't the one missing his one-on-one, important tackles that cost Wigan trys on Sunday.
I agree his stats are not the worst defensively but regardless of that if the rumours about him not wanting to play for us are true, why does he? He could ask for a transfer. If the rumours are true and he wants out but won't ask for a release or transfer you have to ask why. The only reason can be the contract with us is so good he can't afford to leave?? If that is the case we come full circle. He wants to be here because of the money so why not earn it?

Whatever the case he is under performing.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote: Whatever the case he is under performing.

Dave
In which case, what exactly is the coach doing to rectify this? As well as the other under-achievers - like Lockers, Mathers, Goulding etc.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

Well one of my mates had enough at the end of the game and ran around to the tunnel where the players were leaving, he just started to scream at fielden that he was a coward - fielden put his heads in his hands and walked off. None done anything to warrant a place but he is part of the old school so Noble will never drop him
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dawn O wrote:Well one of my mates had enough at the end of the game and ran around to the tunnel where the players were leaving, he just started to scream at fielden that he was a coward - fielden put his heads in his hands and walked off.
I am not sure what good screaming at him like that will do. It's a bit cowardly in itself IMO because the players dare not react.

Dave
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

DaveO wrote:
Dawn O wrote:Well one of my mates had enough at the end of the game and ran around to the tunnel where the players were leaving, he just started to scream at fielden that he was a coward - fielden put his heads in his hands and walked off.
I am not sure what good screaming at him like that will do. It's a bit cowardly in itself IMO because the players dare not react.

Dave
emotions do get the better of people when they have spent about four hundred pounds to watch that i suppose
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

affraid im going to side with dawn, even thoguh she did call us little brats at hull :lol: :wink:

whatever nobby is saying isn't working, whatever o'loughlin says, when he does say soemthing, isn't working. i think it's only right the fans get to have their say on the players afterall we are the 18th man, and if that means we have to tell the players what we think of their performance then why not! we pay the money, we pay the wages, about time we got something back for it, and im not talking about a shirt number.

fielden is a coward, end of. all this about being hungry for rugby at the begining of the season, mans gone soft! i told you that this would happen, i told you he needed to stop making excuses up for himself, he's a professionally trained athelete, and he's on a rather large salary that isn't earned.

all i can say is well done to dawn O's mate. so the players wont react? so what!! they need telling, he is a coward, he's a pour excuse for a prop, why can't nobby see this.

reality check mr fielden.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

How can the fact that he's playing really crap be attributed to him being a coward. I suggest you look up the word in the dictionary before branding people. :conf:

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

sounds like fielden everytime he runs the ball in doesn't it! pathetic.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

as a noun:
a person who is easily frightened and avoids dangerous or difficult situations

hmmm, now to me, this is sort of personifying fielden's on feild performances.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

No