Re: Todd Carney 1 year deal.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I think Sams a 6 and having another class 6 to learn fom will be good for him. However, they will have to give him more game time this year as I expect him to be the starting 6 in 2010.

If we can manage him right then why not sign him. RL has always had a huge drinking culture in this country and if we can manage him right may be a great signing.

I mena would anyone mind us signing Pryce, Reardon or Raynor (not Talau) for next year and they have had problems this year?
wiggydoran

Re: Carneys Signed

Post by wiggydoran »

If you look on Rumor Mill there is a topic on thier about him! there is also another newspaper story about him siging for Huds!

Carney can play loose forward which mean lockers could be used in the second row!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Surely ths should be rumour mill. Yesterday he signed for unfancied Huds. No comment on official site. Nothing on Hud site. Posturing for a paypacket comes to mind. Believe it when the club announce it. Out of the game at present. How long to get him fit? However it is still only a maybe.
Jim
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I didn't realise Sam played at 6, I stand corrected. :)

However, I agree that if he is a 6 and we could sign Carney, if Nobby can bring himself to give Sam more game time then he will surely learn and develop into an extremely good player.

I'm just trying to be the eternal optimist. :wink:

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Carney can play loose forward which mean lockers could be used in the second row!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]I think if lockers was used in the 2nd row J Tomkins would get the loose possition.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

highland convert wrote:Surely ths should be rumour mill. Yesterday he signed for unfancied Huds. No comment on official site. Nothing on Hud site. Posturing for a paypacket comes to mind. Believe it when the club announce it. Out of the game at present. How long to get him fit? However it is still only a maybe.
Jim
I don't think that will be an issue. He wouldn't be playing til next season by which time he'll have had a full pre season along with the rest of the squad.

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Well not wanting to deflate the balloon but
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 56464.aspx
So maybe but not yet,
Jim
fred ladd

Post by fred ladd »

i hope this aint true we need forwards not half backs

weve got
tim smith
leuluai
sam tomkins

why buy another =S

give tomkins a chance i say :) :) :)
j.g

Post by j.g »

i was talking to todd last night on facebook and i asked him is he coming to wigan and he replied back

"hey mate..
yeah coming to england still havent made up my mind where but". and then i replied back by saying come to wigan !! n this is what he said back.

"ah cheers mate..
well ill know more with what im doing".
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Hell know more with what hes doing ?

Doesnt make sense.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."