Re Noble which do you think will happen?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LORENZO

Re: Re Noble which do you think will happen?

Post by LORENZO »

It will all depend upon IL having a replacement in the wings. If not Noble will continue. Watching BN on tv last night I got the impression that he knows what's coming.
I am afraid that our team are not physically fit, do not know how to play the modern game and have totally lost faith in their manager. How else can you explain the performances??

God, I hope it is C
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

- psycho - wrote:i missed the noble interview what did he say?

presumably sky didn't pick up the hack and slash marks on his wrist were hes been going at it with a bread knife :lol:
don't think he cares enough for that. welcome back
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Noble probably looked dejected at the end because he has run out of hackneyed cliches to roll out in front of the cameras!

Noble has to go - simple as that. If he hasn't lost the dressing room; then I dread to think what will happen when he does.

Surely Wane can take over for the rest of the season? He can't do any worse than Noble is currently doing.

IL is a business man and with Noble placing his investment further into jeopardy every week; he has to act now.

Thanks for the great escape Brian; but your time is up
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

MrDave wrote:Hopefully Noble will be gone soon. To be honest Wigan are not going to do much this season but if Wigan can get a new coach in this year at least he has sometime to work with the squad and plan for next season rather than come in at the start of next season with less time to work with the squad and less time to sell/buy players.
Despite the usually tripe that is spoken on sky I think they made a very good point. Noble looked a good coach at Bradford when his forwards 'bullied' other teams. Wigan do need to muscle up but what they need more is a coach who can get Wigan to play rugby for the modern era.

The stats show that Wigan are actually going down hill under Noble and I think he has been saved by is play-off runs despite them ending badly. 3 wins out of 10 is bad enough but when you actually look at the 3 wins; Bradford and Salford were both playing badly at the time and win over Quins was down to a bit of luck.

So far in 2009 Wigan have not put in one decent performance, the Saints match came close but at the end of the day it was basic mistake that let the team down.
This is a very good point. NOBLE OUT NOW new coach with over half a season to see what he has to work with and a full off season to buy and train as he wants...
WAKE UP IL AND SEE SENSE.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It's all going to be OK now, folks...
Noble wrote:"We didn't help ourselves and there are things we need to look at."
I'm glad that's sorted, then...

:eusa17:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Unfortunately, it has now got to a point where Mr Lenaghan has to make a decision on Noble's future or risk further decreases in crowd numbers.

Whilst I'll always thank Nobby for saving us from relegation a few seasons ago the simple fact of the matter is the teams performance has simply not been good enough throughout the season.

Only one victory at home ... Fortress JJB, you've got to be joking our defence currently has more holes than a cheese grater.

All the problems cannot be placed at Nobby's door as in my opinion our player recruitment has not worked at all.

But in professional sport the fact of the matter is you cannot terminate contracts of all players who aren't performing so it usually falls to the coach to take the responsibility.

It's time for a new direction, give Shaun Wane the job until the end of the season and see if he can put some pride back into the club.

Get rid of that flaming Warriors name as well, nothing seems to have gone right since we added it. Let's get back to being Wigan RLFC
joeb

Post by joeb »

think a theres no one else,cullens got fixed up, :lol:
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

none of the above.

d) Noble to walk himself....at some point
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Gosh what a predicament we find ourselves in...

I for one have been calling for a change of coach for a whole host of reasons but I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for noble after the weekend.. I was thrilled after the performance on Thursday evening, not because of the result but the performance! I thought this could be our seasons turning point.. then on Monday we were beaten in the forwards and seemed to be shattered after the saints match!! I think we are all aware of our problems in the pack, we were missing our only attacking forward in Hock and I don't think Carmont missing helped..

I see little to gain from sacking him at this moment, I would like to see him given two more games while gleeson settles in and we are back to having one game a week and if the form showed in the game at saints is none existent then I think its DEFINATELY time he went..

If NObby does go I would like to see shaun Wane given a chance at the first team job in a caretaker capacity, like MIke Gregory RIP, he was given a chance at the later end of the season after S.Raper left and made it impossible for Maurice Lindsay not to give him the job. I just don't think we can give it him full time without him proving he is capable.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

LORENZO wrote:It will all depend upon IL having a replacement in the wings. If not Noble will continue. Watching BN on tv last night I got the impression that he knows what's coming.
I am afraid that our team are not physically fit, do not know how to play the modern game and have totally lost faith in their manager. How else can you explain the performances??

God, I hope it is C
we ahve a replacement at the club we ahve a assistant coach and we have Shaun wANE
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME