Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Re: Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Post by THE 18th Man »

can someone please give a detailed report on the fans forum. very much apreciated
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Karl Pryce is a potential world class player. He has got a year to show that - Ian Lenagan

HES ALREADY HAD TWO!!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

THE 18th Man wrote:can someone please give a detailed report on the fans forum. very much apreciated
If you read the threads i think most of the answers are already on.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

So what particular aspect of player critisism would the club chairman like to see end and why? CP, what was his exact turn of phrase in blaming us for poor player performance. How many poor performances should fans blindlky support before offering a critical appraisal?

This is a fans forum and the whole point is to provide a venue to discuss all things Wigan. If Mr Lenegan wants a pat on the back then he can take the following on board - we're playing well at the minute. The team as a collective seems to have cohesion and direction and if we'd started the season like this we'd be in top 4 and everyone would be happy.

One can support Wigan passionately and completely, but that doesn't exempt the club and it's players from fair assesment.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

gillysmyhero wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Well done Derrick Taylor BTW and to Mr Lenagan perhaps you should answer the question in future and show some manners. Any fool can play the overseas player OR young homegrown player card. That was never the question Derrick asked, Mr Lenagan's response pampered to the demented seals who stupidly clapped his inability to answer a question.
cpw was Derrick Taylor the guy who asked IL a few hard questions and also sponsers pat Richards.
He is Gilly and whatsmore not that it really matters and he would not blow his own trumpet. Derrick Taylor is no numpty. He is a self made man, a successful businessman, owned his own successful production company, now has 2 very successful sons.

What I think Derrick was asking was why go to Australia, why state in the press that you are looking for player X, Y, Z for positions A, B when you patently do not have the room on the salary cap in 2010 to sign such players. He could have released Coley, Phelps, Bailey and still not have enough to sign world class players. Mr Lenagan should be honest and say until Fielden and Feka come off contract we cannot afford big signings. Whatsmore he is not telling the whole story because in 2010 Martin Gleeson will be the highest paid player in SL, a Mr Lenagan decision.
THE JUDGE

Post by THE JUDGE »

cpwigan wrote:You want the best bit YOU are to blame for Richie Mathers, YOU are to blame for Karl Pryce.
Perhaps this PR exercise should be re-named the `Lenegan Lecture`, instead of the farcical `Fans Forum`. If as you say we are to blame for any shortcomings in players performances etc, then perhaps we may as well stay away, after all I wouldn`t want to be responsible for the downfall of my club. However I do wish the Warriors all the best on Saturday..I shall be there, but I do hope my presence doesn`t upset Mr. Lenegan too much. I will try to be as inconspicuous as I can!!!!!!!!!!
Following a Judicial Review of my computer, I hope I have now resolved my inability to participate
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

weststand-rich wrote:So what particular aspect of player critisism would the club chairman like to see endand why? CP, what was his exact turn of phrase in blaming us for poor player performance. How many poor performances should fans blindlky support before offering a critical appraisal?

This is a fans forum and the whole point is to provide a venue to discuss all things Wigan. If Mr Lenegan wants a pat on the back then he can take the following on board - we're playing well at the minute. The team as a collective seems to have cohesion and direction and if we'd started the season like this we'd be in top 4 and everyone would be happy.

One can support Wigan passionately and completely, but that doesn't exempt the club and it's players from fair assesment.
He said that one of the things that sickened him since he took over was the Critisism and hounding of players ie-pryce,mathers & roberts.And that fans have hounded players out
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cp - can you get your nephew to put the recording online somewhere. I think it would be most valuable for those of us that could not be there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

[quote="gillysmyhero
He said that one of the things that sickened him since he took over was the Critisism and hounding of players ie-pryce,mathers & roberts.And that fans have hounded players out[/quote]

That is quite frankly a crock. For the record I've been ambivalent about Mathers - I gave him the benefit of the doubt for quite some time, defended him but in the end wasn't upset when he went and wish him all the best.

Can you imagine the conversation

" Listen Richie. I'm sorry. We're going to let you go to the Wire. It's not me. If it was up to me, I'd keep you. But it's the fans. They question you under the high ball and some call you a cheerleader. I'm sorry."

If the coach or chairman thought any player was decent represented value and were good for the team performance, they would still be here.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Can IL tell us if we got rid of ritchie exactly how much complaining do we have to do to get rid of feilden and Pyrce because ill take a week off if need be :lol:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure