Riddell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Riddell

Post by Panchitta Marra »

highland convert wrote:PM he has a new wife in tow, hardly likely to be in a bar with Polish people :blush: Try an ozzie beer bar :)

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... 2&o=594374
Some folk do not share your opinion but if fitness is the key to the problem Dave maybe the new regime can rectify that problem and we can see what he is capable of,
Jim
Sorry Jim, when I said Poles, I wasnt refering to the nationality, it was more the 10 feet high steel ones with scantly clad ladies girating round.:wink:
Certainly not places I would expect to see Piggy and his wife frequent.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

PM me not dat tick :lol:
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Riddell is in thailand for two weeks for his honeymoon, comes back sometime the week begining 30th november
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

highland convert wrote:PM me not dat tick :lol:
Sorry Jim, I just wasnt sure how you had read it.
Pleased you caught the drift. :lol: :lol:
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

There may be some justification for Richards 1st year being a poor one but the point still stands that people on here (and without trawling through historical threads we'll have to leave it that, you know who you are), who would have been made up if Richards went to Wakefield. They didn't care or realise at the time that poor coaching was the major factor behind a obviously class and proven player's failure to play to his full potential.

The point still stands that numerous players in our 1st team were bad last year and Piggy was 1 of them. Regardless, it is of no significance whatsoever now and all that matters is what happens from the 1st day he turns up at training and through next season.

I don't want to badger the point, all I'm saying is that yes we all have our favourites, and all have our lets say "less favourites". Whatever, they are all in OUR Team, a Team that is being managed completely differently now. It is safe to say that Bitcon, Maguire and Wane will be all over every player's performance like a rash. That's what good Coaches do.

What good supporters do is stop going on about stuff that adds no value to us now, and get on with getting behind every member of our new team. That way, we may contribute to them doing what we want them to do, which is to ultimately to "learn" from the past, and go much better in the future!

Most people would agree that we need to see more of everyone in the Team with Roberts, Piggy, Fielden, Feka, Coley, McIlorum, etc., and even Gleeson not yet hitting the consistent level of effort and performance that we demand from players who wear a Wigan shirt. It is not just Piggy!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Let me get this right if you dare to criticise a player you are a bad supporter :roll: I must be a bad supporter then. Ian Lenagan must be a bad supporter. Shaun Wane too. Where do we stop :D

Personally I have no favourite / least favourite players. If they do the job, fantastic. If they do not do the job then Houston we have a problem. Pat Richards came to Wigan as an integral member of a GF winning NRL club. Piggy came to Wigan as a bench warmer for a young teenage hooker in a very poor NRL club. Had he remained in Australia he would not be playing invthe NRL now. Pat Richards had a minor blip, Gene Miles did too if you want to go back blah blah and they both turned it around very quickly. Piggy has had a full season and at various stages not only not delivered but taken the P. There's a young hooker who may not be the finished article but at least I would be happy sat next to him in the trenches. Do we ignore what we see so we can be good supporters and ignore form over past reputation just to be good supporters.

On your basis why is Maguire even here. We should have stuck with Noble on the basis of past record. An ageing record.

Clapping in hope gets you nowhere. Whatsmore it damages players. Forget Duty of care cliches. Sam Tomkins should have been playing with Trent Barrett and Tommy and Micky should have played hooker. We might have made the GF year IMO if we had and Sam T would be a better player than he is now.

Form should be the only determinant of whether you wear the Cheerrry n White for Wigan. I do not care where you come from, what your accent is as long as you delivery. I certainly could not give a hoot for reputation. Past reputation is the stuff of scrap brooks when you have finished playing not a reason to be selected here and now.

A bad supporter apparently.
Bestie Weasel

Post by Bestie Weasel »

Totally agree with you CP. Having been an observer of these boards over the last few years, it does seem as though you are bad supporter if you dare be critical of any player. Riddell is arguably the worst signing Wigan have made in the last 20 years IMO and yes I have witnessed Doc Murray in a cherry and white shirt. I was no great Higham fan and in all honesty I was happy he left. But with 9 being such an important position in today's game, surely if no quality hooker was available Tommy and MM would have done the business, and the main recruitment focus should have centred around looking for a quality scrum half. Hey and this is an opinion from a fan that's all. CP not all of us out there are against you mate!![/quote]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Let me get this right if you dare to criticise a player you are a bad supporter :roll: I must be a bad supporter then. Ian Lenagan must be a bad supporter. Shaun Wane too. Where do we stop :D

Personally I have no favourite / least favourite players. If they do the job, fantastic. If they do not do the job then Houston we have a problem. Pat Richards came to Wigan as an integral member of a GF winning NRL club. Piggy came to Wigan as a bench warmer for a young teenage hooker in a very poor NRL club. Had he remained in Australia he would not be playing invthe NRL now. Pat Richards had a minor blip, Gene Miles did too if you want to go back blah blah and they both turned it around very quickly. Piggy has had a full season and at various stages not only not delivered but taken the P. There's a young hooker who may not be the finished article but at least I would be happy sat next to him in the trenches. Do we ignore what we see so we can be good supporters and ignore form over past reputation just to be good supporters.

On your basis why is Maguire even here. We should have stuck with Noble on the basis of past record. An ageing record.

Clapping in hope gets you nowhere. Whatsmore it damages players. Forget Duty of care cliches. Sam Tomkins should have been playing with Trent Barrett and Tommy and Micky should have played hooker. We might have made the GF year IMO if we had and Sam T would be a better player than he is now.

Form should be the only determinant of whether you wear the Cheerrry n White for Wigan. I do not care where you come from, what your accent is as long as you delivery. I certainly could not give a hoot for reputation. Past reputation is the stuff of scrap brooks when you have finished playing not a reason to be selected here and now.

A bad supporter apparently.
Without getting on your high horse or taking it personally and giving an eight page transcribe why you know better :wink: I think you have misread R Douglas' post.

He/she is not saying support all the players irrespective of how poorly they have performed, just that the coaching (of whome you have been most critical) "might" have played some part to players looking worse then they theoretically were. Many looked better when at another team (Amos being a prime point) but whilst at Wigan, they appeared unsure of not only their roles within the team. Also with organisation/tactics/consistent form plus lower fitness levels being at a premium, this seemed to make the vast majority of senior players look very average for large chunks of whichever of Brian Noble's seasons you care to mention (the point being made by RD)

With the appointment of MM, it can be hoped that the players WILL respond or eventually be moved on. Either way, the lackluster displays (especially early season) should be over.

As for Gene Miles, why bring him up? Her was only at Wigan for one season. The first part he was awful, to the point after an away defeat at Salford, fans were actually saying (on the fan bus home) they would contribute to paying for his return home on a surfboard (he at the time admitted to a "love" of surfing). His form had nothing to do with coaching at that time - yet Pat Richards poor start at Wigan WAS blamed on Agent Millward playing him out of position - a coaching fault, so your comparison is not valid.

Lets just clarify this for you - no one is a "happy clapper" or "bad supporter" for wanting the team to have improved from the performances we witnessed over the last few years. Just that everyone IS expectant of even our poorer looking players performing at a higher level.

Maybe you don't actually like the idea of your "pet hates" actually "looking good" under MM? :sly: This would debunk everything you have ever written and prove that it was all down to coaching (or non-coaching if the case be) that determined a players form. We shall have to wait and see, either way, MM is either going to be a good coach, or the players will remain crap and MM will get the sack for not getting the improved form. This is for MM to "sort" and with the backroom staff being put in place, one hopes for the former.

As for Riddell, he does have a lot to prove this season. First he needs to improve his fitness levels, we shall see what sort of form he brings after that lifestyle change! At least with the signing of Deacon, this does give the coach the opportunity to play with McIlorum or Leuluai at hooker without the need for wholesale changes in the team as we have seen too often
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

Thanks for clarifying my comment Butt Monkey, it's people like you that will stop me and others from leaving this web site.

It's no fun making making comments on here, for fear of being completely mis-understood and then shot down in flames for something I didn't say. I appreciate this site, as living in a predominently RU/Footy area, I don't get to talk too much about Wigan. I don't want to stop coming on here.

cp - You need to read some of the comments on here properly before firing emotional replies back. I'm not calling anyone a bad supporter, that the distance you travel to a game deserves a medal and I'm definitely not saying that Piggy's level of performance is good enogh. I don't care what your accent is or whether you have favourites or not.

My point was that we should allow the new management Team to improve the performance of our players, including the ones that have underperformed, and, that is virtually ALL of our Team. History does not matter a jot, 2010 does! Spending your life on here or in the pub moaning about last year and a decade ago does not help a bit, especially when we believe that the root of the issue is now in South Wales.

Not that it matters at all but for the record:-

I was born and bred in Wigan and lived there for over 30 years and I do talk with a propper Wiggin accent. I had a season ticket since I was 8 (in 1980) and had it until I had to move away from Wigan several years ago. My Central Park seat (Douglas stand B2) is mounted in my garden. I represented my Town and County at various levels in RL until I was 19, and got my Level 3 RFL Coaching qualification when a broken neck stopped me playing. It's only my career down South that stops my involvement in the game, and moving out of our beloved Town did not stop the Rugby part of my brain from functioning.

Please read, understand and respect people's comments on here before ripping in to them, or you may find that the only people posting on here are ones that never have a different opinion to your own, and that may get a bit boring.

Strangely enough, if you read it again, you may realise that our opinions don't differ as much as you may think.

Peace x
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:The sooner he goes the better, anybody not prepared to do the hard yards be it Pryce, be it Feka or be it Piggy. Let them go or rot in the U20's
and if they dont pull there weight with wane involved thats were they will be plaing
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME