Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Post by KOOCH »

If ever I needed a reason to purchase my season ticket for 2011 this is the reason.I have had more belief in these past few months under MM than I have felt since Mike Gregory's short reign.I do believe that the Glory days have returned.These three signings are quality signings.Men that have the youth to give us rather than old knackered rejects.Lets hope that we can bring in one more quality signing for next season. :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa18: :eusa18:
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

I think it is great we know now these players are coming. Hoffman was a very big part of the Storm's game especially in attack.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Glad my rumour post of signing Finch was correct, although I am not sure our chairman will be pleased about my early post of Finch signing for the club. But got to admit he has turned the club around financialy, and with the coaching staff, so a big pat on the back for IL I will put you back on my Christmas card list.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

ddtftf wrote:Glad my rumour post of signing Finch was correct, although I am not sure our chairman will be pleased about my early post of Finch signing for the club. But got to admit he has turned the club around financialy, and with the coaching staff, so a big pat on the back for IL I will put you back on my Christmas card list.
Well done mate. I hope the bit about Billy Slater comes off too!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

With them offloading Inglis to Brisbane it looks unlightly they will have to farm Slater off for a year, but I can assure you we were trying to bring him to Wigan for a season to help them through the salary cap, and then for him to return. They will now be able to balance the books with Inglis going. Finch is a cool head near the line with an accurate kicking game and a long miss out pass to get the ball out wide, nothing fancy but what we need when a decision under preasure is needed. Lima in the match I have just watched made 11 drive ins and 18 tackles in 30 minutes and he is a very high work rate prop, I think the Wigan fans will love him he gives 100% every match. Wigan also should be excited about our young prop Ben Davis he is a bit special with great feet and balance in conjunction with power, he is one to watch for the future.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The mood is great it seems! A triple signing to replace Piggy, Phelps and Feka... although i am unsure about salaries as yet as we will (possibly) have Hock to come back also.

Hoffman then will return to Aus after 1 year for Hock to take his pay packet anyone think?

If Wigan don't make it this year I am damn sure we will next year... these are the signings we strive for in those departments, although not the best in the world, they have experience and culture... we need that extra bit up front, i am sure Fielden and Coley will love it next year!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hoffman is a big unit as they say on cliche TV
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

What are the odds that next year's away kit is purple and white? Just to make the Storm players feel at home. :)
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09